More tank pics, updated

Fishflyer

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Nov 23, 2018
I replied. Trying to figure out what happened. I edited my reply to correct a mistake and it erased your last word? Did you have a word after out? Or maybe I erased quote. Sorry really tired. It placed my reply on the same plane as your post

FINWIN

Alligator Gar
MFK Member
Dec 21, 2018
Washington DC
They're actually doing pretty well right now. I think they've kind of settled the pecking order. It's still all over the place with Brick/Boss, but after that it's Chip and then Rex. Chip is kind of the 'pinball' between Boss and Brick. Main difference is Brick will never catch Chip (its like Wile E Coyote and the Roadrunner). Boss is another story, he sometimes runs Chip around. One of my cousins was in town saturday and stopped by. She and her friend were amazed at how Brick liked being petted. I can pretty much stroke him anywhere and he's fine with it. I started doing this when feeding him pellets. Every time he came to the surface to 'jump' I would pet him and then give pellets. It was easy after that. He knows the difference between my fingers for petting and fingers for food. I can 'jiggle' him in the water. He's such a mush.

Rex is very friendly, and will 'follow the finger'. I definitely see him gulping food at the bottom. He'll stick himself directly in the powerhead current and try to swim, its funny...the water holds him in place. Then he goes in the bubblers.

Boss is more sociable now. He chases Chip at times. Chip clears out but is pretty unfazed. Holds his own when eating! He learned quickly the 'restaraunt' is on one side of the tank. Rex follows as well.

I think Brick may weigh around a pound at least now. He's really getting massive. Actually Boss is massing up too...he's pretty much the same bulk as Kong and Patch now but I haven't measured his length recently.

I'm starting to wonder if Chip is a turquoise severum and not green. His colors are really coming out! And lately he comes over to watch me when I pet Brick. Doesn't get too close but watches what I'm doing. Interesting.

Reactions: Fishflyer

FINWIN

Alligator Gar
MFK Member
Dec 21, 2018
Washington DC
I replied. Trying to figure out what happened. I edited my reply to correct a mistake and it erased your last word? Did you have a word after out? Or maybe I erased quote. Sorry really tired. It placed my reply on the same plane as your post
I think if you type inside the end quote it will put everything inside of the comment you're replying to. I've done that a coupla times myself.

Fishflyer

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Nov 23, 2018
They're actually doing pretty well right now. I think they've kind of settled the pecking order. It's still all over the place with Brick/Boss, but after that it's Chip and then Rex. Chip is kind of the 'pinball' between Boss and Brick. Main difference is Brick will never catch Chip (its like Wile E Coyote and the Roadrunner). Boss is another story, he sometimes runs Chip around. One of my cousins was in town saturday and stopped by. She and her friend were amazed at how Brick liked being petted. I can pretty much stroke him anywhere and he's fine with it. I started doing this when feeding him pellets. Every time he came to the surface to 'jump' I would pet him and then give pellets. It was easy after that. He knows the difference between my fingers for petting and fingers for food. I can 'jiggle' him in the water. He's such a mush.

Rex is very friendly, and will 'follow the finger'. I definitely see him gulping food at the bottom. He'll stick himself directly in the powerhead current and try to swim, its funny...the water holds him in place. Then he goes in the bubblers.

Boss is more sociable now. He chases Chip at times. Chip clears out but is pretty unfazed. Holds his own when eating! He learned quickly the 'restaraunt' is on one side of the tank. Rex follows as well.

I think Brick may weigh around a pound at least now. He's really getting massive. Actually Boss is massing up too...he's pretty much the same bulk as Kong and Patch now but I haven't measured his length recently.

I'm starting to wonder if Chip is a turquoise severum and not green. His colors are really coming out! And lately he comes over to watch me when I pet Brick. Doesn't get too close but watches what I'm doing. Interesting.
Hee hee, beep beep, jiggle jiggle, wiggle, wiggle muush. I used have a Dog named that in Alaska, no wait that's what they tell the dogs to do there. Here that's what we do with our pets and sweethearts. We actually did have 2 dogs. We couldn't afford the whole team. So we instead of a one horse sleigh we had a two dog sleigh. We made our parents take the snow mobile and the four wheel drive while us kiddies went screaming all though way. (in delight) We got the horse later down here.
That is great. I'm glad the new uns are adapting well.
Finwin introed me to the Sandtastik Sand. She recommends the Sandtastik Floral. I ordered the Classic (green) by accident which requires some kneading and soaking prep work to get the air bubbles out. The Sandtastik Floral doesn't require the prep work. The Classic Sand is really fine, which worked out well for my Horseman Cories' requirements. Both types (granule size) are easy maintainance and clean well, not going down the vacuum tube and settling fast.
Welcome.

Fishflyer

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Nov 23, 2018

Hee hee, beep beep, jiggle jiggle, wiggle, wiggle muush. I used have a Dog named that in Alaska, no wait that's what they tell the dogs to do there. Here that's what we do with our pets and sweethearts. We actually did have 2 dogs. We couldn't afford the whole team. So we instead of a one horse sleigh we had a two dog sleigh. We made our parents take the snow mobile and the four wheel drive while us kiddies went screaming all though way. (in delight) We got the horse later down here.
That is great. I'm glad the new uns are adapting well. Fish can be taught to swim and even jump through hoops using food as motivater similar to aquatic mammals. Helps elevate the boredom for fish. But that's partly what you got the new fish for. Risk a finger. Sounds Brick is learning well. Is Rex a good cleaner? Chip turquoise--sounds beautiful.

Fishflyer

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Nov 23, 2018
I think if you type inside the end quote it will put everything inside of the comment you're replying to. I've done that a coupla times myself.
Thanks
I do it after the end quote. I just erased my edit too fast and it erased past mine and I think maybe into your's not sure. You sentence seemed complete. Maybe I accidentally erased the quote and it placed my post inside of your post.

Fishflyer

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Nov 23, 2018
F Fishflyer - Rex is an Ocelifer Synodontis catfish. I also read they're friendly and eat from your hand. In the wild they get to 19" but usually max out in a tank about a foot or less. I transported him by hand, he was very relaxed.

Chip has a lot of potential. I believe with time and more size he'll be spectacular. He's very active, more so than any of the other fish. When they're in rest mode he's swimming around like a race car.

It's pretty easy to do a journal with these guys. I just observe their behavior and reactions and put words to it. I probably only spend about 10-15 minutes at a time watching them. All other times is maintenance. I may watch more when introducing new fish. My parrots Patch and Kong watch the show from their tanks. Its good to have a break from the extra quarantine tanks. Rex eats well even though I rarely see him doing so. He was pretty plump last night!
Thank you. About Ocilifer name.

FINWIN

Alligator Gar
MFK Member
Dec 21, 2018
Washington DC
If Rex keeps eating like this he could be on the larger side...he's literally puffed after every meal. I once had a channel cat that ate like this and was 13 inches in 6 months. Rex skitters around the whole tank and burns it off though. His side scratch is healing already. He's very aware like the others and follows my finger. Tried to come up and snatch a pellet today!

It still blows my mind at how massive Brick is getting and keep reminding myself he's still young. I'll measure him this coming week.

He and Boss had one brief clash. Brick is doing a new tactic with everyone. He'll float slow near a fish then blast at them full speed. When he charges Chip, Chip is gone like lightning and slips away between the plants. Then the severum will circle back around and lead him on a dizzy chase. When Brick charges Boss, the BP lowers his head and they crash together. Brick is stopped like hitting a wall. My O will hover and take a poke at Rex, more out of boredom and just to be an a** then anything else. He doesn't chase Rex at all. Just pops him one time then swims off. Fish version of a dope slap. :hitting:

Reactions: Fishflyer

Fishflyer

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Nov 23, 2018
If Rex keeps eating like this he could be on the larger side...he's literally puffed after every meal. I once had a channel cat that ate like this and was 13 inches in 6 months. Rex skitters around the whole tank and burns it off though. His side scratch is healing already. He's very aware like the others and follows my finger. Tried to come up and snatch a pellet today!

It still blows my mind at how massive Brick is getting and keep reminding myself he's still young. I'll measure him this coming week.

He and Boss had one brief clash. Brick is doing a new tactic with everyone. He'll float slow near a fish then blast at them full speed. When he charges Chip, Chip is gone like lightning and slips away between the plants. Then the severum will circle back around and lead him on a dizzy chase. When Brick charges Boss, the BP lowers his head and they crash together. Brick is stopped like hitting a wall. My O will hover and take a poke at Rex, more out of boredom and just to be an a** then anything else. He doesn't chase Rex at all. Just pops him one time then swims off. Fish version of a dope slap. :hitting:
[/QUOTE Oops did it again. Sorry. At least there is a small group now to spread Brick's 'Lovin' around. Your new fellas sound like they are cool and nice looking fish.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store