My 12'' male Red Devil/Midas

heavyhitter

Piranha
MFK Member
Mar 17, 2008
Nebraska
I love him. Definately a cross. Is he a tank smasher? I have had some over the years that were real brutes.

Their territory even extended 2-3ft out side of the tank if you catch my drift. My latest is pretty docile and even accept other tank mates.

honda237

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Mar 28, 2009
kalamazoo, Michigan
ya i have the same question as heavyhitter. mine at 4" has a that territory extends 1.5' away from the tank. and if i get to close he starts to flare up and if i put my finger next to the tank he goes crazy and tries to bite it. should be a brute when older.

That is an amazing red devil/ mida.

Unleashed

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Nov 18, 2009
Turkey
heavyhitter;3637518; said:
I love him. Definately a cross. Is he a tank smasher? I have had some over the years that were real brutes.

Their territory even extended 2-3ft out side of the tank if you catch my drift. My latest is pretty docile and even accept other tank mates.
Yes he is a tank smasher and also brute. When he see anyone in front of tank he start to smash tank. And he dont accept tank mates. When i try to add some tank mates, always he kills them no matter what the fish i buy.

Funky_Fish14

Gambusia
MFK Member
Jun 28, 2007
Unleashed;3632234; said:
I start with him at 1''. I bought him in February 2008. Now it is about 2 years old. When i first got him he was white with black lines in middle of its body. After 3'' his colors changed.
Sounds like more of a midas than a RD. Maybe one parent was midas, the other was Midas/RD?

Beautiful fish!

Chris

midasman714

Blue Tier VIP
MFK Member
Oct 22, 2007
Fountain Valley, CA
Clslogic;3636503; said:
y u say that? I have one. he is being weird right now.
:screwy::screwy::screwy:

----------

do you happen to have pics of him when he was younger?

Canibull2000

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jan 28, 2009
New Bedford, MA
I never get lucky with a male, everytime I have bought a fish it ends up being a female. Both devils I have owned ended up being female and now i'm worried this texas i have is female. I need a showpiece fish like that in my aquarium, awsome fish man.

Unleashed

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Nov 18, 2009
Turkey
Canibull2000;3638425; said:
I never get lucky with a male, everytime I have bought a fish it ends up being a female. Both devils I have owned ended up being female and now i'm worried this texas i have is female. I need a showpiece fish like that in my aquarium, awsome fish man.
Thanks for comment. I recommend you to buy 3-4 midas. Most likely one of them will be male.

yayfish24

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Jul 23, 2008
Lancaster PA
Are the midas suposed to change colors? Ive had mine since she was about an inch and is still just as orange now as she was then. Shes about 6-7 inches now and I havnt noticed any sort of change in colors.

Yours is beautiful by the way.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store