my best friend pacu

pacubuddy

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jul 24, 2010
sweet home oregon
hey everywon, this is my first post on this fourm and im glad i found it. i own a pacu thats pretty big, about 17 inch long and i have had him for about 2 years now. i got him from my aunt in law who was going to get rid of him because he use to splash and destroy every thing and she couldent handle it anymore. so i said i would love to take him and i never had any problem with him. he is the coolist fish i have ever seen, hes like a dog he tells you when he wants to be fed and when he wants attinion. when i first got him he was in a llil 35 gal tank and i got him a new 55 gal tank and now he needs a new one and i was hopeing you guys could help me out. i have a lil money and i can part trade my 2 tanks for a bigger one. something over 100g. no this doesnt belong in the for sale section because i want to hear every wons stoys about owning a pacu and how cool they are. i look foward to hearing all of your storyes and hope somewon can help me out about the tank. thakn you :)

here is a video of my fish eating a bunch of worms, idk if this fourm allows videos but i thought everywon would enjoy watching it

and some pics

livebearerfreak

Dovii
MFK Member
Jun 15, 2006
no where
nice pacu. surprised he hasnt broken the tank yet. your gunna deff need a bigger tank alrigiht. somewhere around 300 to 500 gallon ( 8 foot by 3 foot wide by 3 foot tall ) ill calculate and come back. but that tank is WAY WAY to small forthe pacu............ but looks nices still.

Deep Blue Sea

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Feb 2, 2010
Alameda Ca
That tank is wayyyy to small and I hate pacu it killed my GATF and my last remaining African Pike along with my Temensis Peacock bass in one night.

Cookie*

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Jun 26, 2010
Northern NJ
mocoloco.com
I'd donate that fish to someone with a larger tank, and start with a smaller pacu again in the tank you have. Only this time, you know you'll need a larger tank. Or, I hope you do find someone to work out something with you. The tank and fish do look nice, you obviously do care for it. Best of luck with that little guy. :)

White Moth

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
May 31, 2010
Australia
I don't have any experience with these guys, but what is that stuff that looks like it is hanging out of its gill cover?

Deep Blue Sea

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Feb 2, 2010
Alameda Ca
White Moth;4316228; said:
I don't have any experience with these guys, but what is that stuff that looks like it is hanging out of its gill cover?
Didnt notice that till you mentioned it, could be gill curl

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store