My channas

-DC-

Polypterus
MFK Member
Sep 3, 2009
Canada
great shots! I'm not a huge fan of platinum morphs, I like wild types, but those are some stunning closeups, looks so metallic ! I may need to reconsider them!

Auranti

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
May 7, 2013
singapore
thanks Giags and DC :).

I agree DC, but it was very affordable and has made an excellent and interesting addition to my collection :D. I do prefer my wild coloured ones but this guy's attitude is starting to grow on me, as u see from the pics, none of my other snakeheads flare as aggressively as he does. Never seen them gape open their mouths like that before.

Some more recent pics, C asiatica. Used to be the most aggressive of the lot, now looking mild and gentle when compared with the platinum.

Channa asiatica by Aristoheliam, on Flickr

Channa asiatica by Aristoheliam, on Flickr

Channa harcourtbutleri
Finally managed to get a shot of them.

Channa harcourtbutleri by Aristoheliam, on Flickr

One more full body shot of my plat channa, taken a few weeks ago, now his injuries all healed and he has grown considerably in size.

Channa argus 'platinum' by Aristoheliam, on Flickr

Lastly, one of my favs, C diplogramma yawning.

Channa diplogramma by Aristoheliam, on Flickr

Thanks for viewing :)

-DC-

Polypterus
MFK Member
Sep 3, 2009
Canada
very nice !

My asiatica is still the most aggressive of my collection. She has calmed down with age, doesn't try to bite at me through the glass , or lunge at me through the lid lol but still will attack ANYTHING that enters the tank myself included lol

Auranti

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
May 7, 2013
singapore
Thanks!

My asiatica is aggressive as in she kills everything, even large fishes, but will shy away from my hand. My platinum kills everything and also tears my net. Will even go for fishes larger than him. Platinum tank is one where my hand does not go ino.

rocky2

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
May 1, 2010
india
great shots and nice fishy pics

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store