My channas

Auranti

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
May 7, 2013
singapore
Wow, I like it! I'd grab a platinum if the opportunity arrived, but if i could find these black finned ones I'd start a breeding project. Just stunning!
Yea do buy some if you ever come across them, they are much more interactive than my other snakeheads. I would love to breed these guys but rhey grow huge and i don't have the space to house a pair sadly. Though it will be great!

Miguel

Ole Dawg
MFK Member
Dec 28, 2006
Very much south..
That white one, Auranti, that you showed after the black finned one really looks like an " immature" white pearl lemmon ( as divulged by Glaser in Germany )

Would you take a look on their site ( look for Channa sp white pearl lemon , please )

They give no info whatsoever on the beast, in one place saying it is Striata complex in another Argus complex.

I ordered a trio and would love to know more.

M

PS - just now read that you say they grow huge...( glaser states they get to 40 or 90 centimetres )...how lost can one be?

Auranti

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
May 7, 2013
singapore
That white one, Auranti, that you showed after the black finned one really looks like an " immature" white pearl lemmon ( as divulged by Glaser in Germany )

Would you take a look on their site ( look for Channa sp white pearl lemon , please )

They give no info whatsoever on the beast, in one place saying it is Striata complex in another Argus complex.

I ordered a trio and would love to know more.

M

PS - just now read that you say they grow huge...( glaser states they get to 40 or 90 centimetres )...how lost can one be?
I read the info on the website and it was pretty interesting. I that picture stated in the aquarium glaser website. I'm no expert but i'm going with C argus complex. I dont think its a C striata mainly because those guys are broader, I could be wrong however. If it is an argus, it truly will grow into a monster. I have a pic of a huge one (40/50cm?).

Large platinum snakehead by Aristoheliam, on Flickr

The pic above is taken at a fish shop, they had 2 but one was sold away.

-EDIT-

You stated that mine looked like an immature 'white pearl', is there a photo of the adult 'white pearl' online?

As for the black finned 'platinum', I do believe the black finned platinum i have currently is the same 'species'.
Side by side comparison

This is truly an intriguing fish, takes the market by a storm and not much info is known about it.
I wish you the best of luck with your trio ;)

Miguel

Ole Dawg
MFK Member
Dec 28, 2006
Very much south..
Foind no picture of a " mature" white pearl lemon.

The one they got bigger is the one with orange fins they have pictured. The ones they sell look a lot like your platinums...

Are your platinums Striata? Or Argus? Your pic above is the first whitish Argus i ever saw...

Auranti

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
May 7, 2013
singapore
Amazing pics
Thanks! :)
Foind no picture of a " mature" white pearl lemon.

The one they got bigger is the one with orange fins they have pictured. The ones they sell look a lot like your platinums...

Are your platinums Striata? Or Argus? Your pic above is the first whitish Argus i ever saw...
I see. Well the problem is im not sure what species these whitish ones are. Im thinking more of C argus though if anything.

-DC-

Polypterus
MFK Member
Sep 3, 2009
Canada
I'd agree probably argus, trying to counting dorsal fin rays (wet a bit cross eyed lol) but i think I count 46-47 on the white one, closer to 50 on the black which would indicate argus.

Miguel

Ole Dawg
MFK Member
Dec 28, 2006
Very much south..
As stated on the other "White Pearl Lemon" thread, I phoned Glaser and was told by them (i) that they come from China and (ii) that they are more inclined, now, to put them on the Argus band wagon.....

the more I think about it ( have not received them yet ) the more I think they are like your platinum" argus", and they simply decided to call them, of all things, "White Pearl Lemon".......

but I am inclined to say they are the same sp as yours above.

M

Auranti

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
May 7, 2013
singapore
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store