New 200G monster tank

Andri Pogo

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
May 4, 2007
Iceland
johndoe21ro;2090925; said:
My God. That's some real big prices you've got over there. A GT here in Romania is around 6-7$, a Senegal Bichir is aorund 12$, and a Sev is around 7$. I bought some young Green Sevs with 1$, around 2". It's nice though that your sallary is big enough to cope with such investments. How expensive was your 200 gals if u don't mind me askin'? Hope I'm not to off-topic ... just curious.
Full price for the tank, lid, dimmable T5 lights, stand and filters is around 4000-5000$... i got a little discount though.

Austin;2090943; said:
nice tank. do your lima's stay out and cruise? mine stays vertically against the back wall all day till the lights go out.
They dont cruise around much but are not hiding, when i had one he was more often vertical but the two of them just hoover around each other.

shamrock

Piranha
MFK Member
Feb 26, 2006
El Paso
So which ones do you plan to keep in the 200 and I really think your tank looks nice, but why do you keep buying fish if you know you will have to part with some?

LittleBigAl3

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Oct 25, 2008
Minnesota
www.youtube.com
shamrock;2091066; said:
So which ones do you plan to keep in the 200 and I really think your tank looks nice, but why do you keep buying fish if you know you will have to part with some?
he has probably had this tank for years now and its not bad to swap fish, unless the fish is going somewhere bad, it just makes you happier and most of the time the other tank inhabitants happier. i just got a clown knife :nilly:delivered in the mail, so any tips or hints. i have him in a 30 but i'm buying a 75 :nilly:or a 55(with a 15" depth). he is only a mere 3 inches and has got incredible markings. i can see more, but faintly...i heard they grow into those. i hope because he will be stunning! remember to reply to my question about hints and tips about clown knifes. thank you.

johndoe21ro

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Mar 27, 2008
Romania
First, the Clown Fish is a very fast growing fish. So a longer tank is welcome. I'd say a 100 gals is just fine. Less than that doesn't make much sense. It doesn't matter too much if it's wide or tall but it's gotta be long. THe fish is VERY flexible so width isn't a problem here. He tends to eat huge amounts of food and he's very greedy (I feed them TetraDiscus and Hikari Cichlid for their protein amount and palatability). U have to be careful not to have any aggressive fish to haress him while he's still small. Mine usually had some quarrels with my huge JD (8") and less often with my Jag (11") while he was around 6" to 9". Now he's around 1 foot, maybe couple inches more and nobody disturbs him anymore. Sometimes my Jag threatens him but everything stops there .. fortunately. They're all in a 200 gals tank with some other inhabitants. Feel free to ask anything else. Good luck with yours.

marcello

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Aug 12, 2007
italy
isn't the piranha going to make a mess??? well anyway planted your aquarium looks just awesome bravo :D

marcello

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Aug 12, 2007
italy
ehm the botia macracantha isn't a fast growing fish he is indeed really slow growing and can achieve up to 30 years of life in captivity or even more lol

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store