New Setup New Start

Ogertron3000

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Nov 6, 2017
Australia
Maybe get a group of rams ?
Not a bad idea, the only issue is here in oz they are very inbred and a lot of them have deformed mouths and curved spines.
I was thinking a pair of curviceps or checkerboard if i see any, they arent common here but the size should work good.

Love the rock setup!!!
Thanks, I collected it all so didnt cost a cent, I have heaps more and wanted to add it but got a bit freaked out that the weight would be too much for the bottom of the tank to handle.

SilverArowanaBoi

Giant Snakehead
MFK Member
Sep 21, 2023
Houston, Texas
These might be too big for guppies...but I cast a vote for Dwarf Acaras. They have been wonderfully peaceful additions to my tank, and honestly, the pair spends most of their time hiding except for feeding. They would pick off babies, but I highly doubt they would pick off adults (I could be wrong, though). A pair would highly appreciate the rockscape and live plants you have in there.

Reactions: Ogertron3000

Alexxxxsv14

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Nov 28, 2008
anaheim/orange CA
Not a bad idea, the only issue is here in oz they are very inbred and a lot of them have deformed mouths and curved spines.
I was thinking a pair of curviceps or checkerboard if i see any, they arent common here but the size should work good.

Thanks, I collected it all so didnt cost a cent, I have heaps more and wanted to add it but got a bit freaked out that the weight would be too much for the bottom of the tank to handle.
I think rams would be great given you found nice ones. Those are great choices as well. What do you think of keyhole cichlids? Very peaceful and lots of character. Lack color but nonetheless great fish.

Cal Amari

Piranha
MFK Member
Mar 9, 2023
I would go with something active and playful like a handfull of loaches, yoyos and weather loaches are 2 of the most common, but also 2 of my favorite because of how active they are. Though they would probably eat the snails in the first day or 2.

Ogertron3000

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Nov 6, 2017
Australia
All good suggestions for sure, keyholes have always been a favourite of mine too.
Next addition will be some corydoras i think, i am not in a rush at the moment to fill the tank so I will keep an eye out for anything interesting and see what inspires me.
I am having a lot of blackbeard algae and even a bit of blue green algae popping up which is a bit annoying.

Ogertron3000

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Nov 6, 2017
Australia
What type of Cory’s ? Sterbais have been my personal favorite but a group of pandas always looks nice as well.
Probably either one of them, they are both my favourites too but i am leaning towards the pandas at the moment.
Problem is the prices of fish here have gone through the roof, last weekend i saw some at $22 AUD each which is outrageous. A few years ago they were $10 each.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store