New Setup New Start

Friller2009

Aimara
MFK Member
Oct 27, 2021
Australia
All good suggestions for sure, keyholes have always been a favourite of mine too.
Next addition will be some corydoras i think, i am not in a rush at the moment to fill the tank so I will keep an eye out for anything interesting and see what inspires me.
I am having a lot of blackbeard algae and even a bit of blue green algae popping up which is a bit annoying.
Keyholes are nice. Picked up a pair not too long ago. Nice fish. Hard to sex though. BFFE50DF-2BB8-40EC-AC2B-17452AD6A0A4.jpeg18D17AF3-E73F-4A3B-9EA5-FC027C119C2B.jpeg

Friller2009

Aimara
MFK Member
Oct 27, 2021
Australia
Probably either one of them, they are both my favourites too but i am leaning towards the pandas at the moment.
Problem is the prices of fish here have gone through the roof, last weekend i saw some at $22 AUD each which is outrageous. A few years ago they were $10 each.
Been breeding quite a few pandas lately. Picked up a group of 6 for around 30 something bucks at an auction. Got to sell a kidney to keep fish these days

Alexxxxsv14

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Nov 28, 2008
anaheim/orange CA
Probably either one of them, they are both my favourites too but i am leaning towards the pandas at the moment.
Problem is the prices of fish here have gone through the roof, last weekend i saw some at $22 AUD each which is outrageous. A few years ago they were $10 each.
Yes they can get pricey but if you grow out a group of 4-6 you are more than likely to get them to breed. With no real predators they can be very productive. lol

Reactions: Ogertron3000

Ogertron3000

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Nov 6, 2017
Australia
Been breeding quite a few pandas lately. Picked up a group of 6 for around 30 something bucks at an auction. Got to sell a kidney to keep fish these days
I dont know how it is in NSW but fish prices are a bit insane here at the moment. Most have literally doubled in price from a few years ago. Its hard as most shops are independently owned and operated so i assume they are walking a tightrope between making a profit and scaring customers away. Hope it will settle down soon but i doubt it.

Its good i am not in a rush to stock this tank, thats part of the idea so i dont get bored. Its fun to just go to the LFS when im bored and poke around and maybe buy a few guppies. It keeps it fresh for me.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store