Official Off Topic Discussion Thread #1

jaws7777

Probation Member
Probation Member
Mar 1, 2014
White house 1600 Pennsylvania Ave NW, Washington
Hello; As stated it is not my call if or who gets banned. it will be the mods, not me

Hello; At the very least the discussion is no longer political and that is much safer for the thread. So if it helps protect the thread then go after me.
Lmaooo now mention others. Hahah you really are a funny guy. You routinely speak of guns, politics, and probably a host of other touchy subjects but now are pointing the finger and saying we need to protect the thread. I've tapped out of many discussions in the past because of the thread so I won't start apologizing now for adding a couple of posts past what you or anyone else on this thread deems acceptable since we are all kind of guilty from time to time.. Have a little self respect and just stop typing for a little while. Step away from the key board. I know you don't see it but your looking incredibly hypocritical and I almost feel bad for you.

Interesting that your employing one of the libs go to tactics. Try and silence/get rid of and in this case insinuate bans on this that you are either threatened by or dosadisa with.

Step away from the key baord very very slowly lmaooo

Reactions: Troy1015

skjl47

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
May 16, 2011
Tennessee
Lmaooo now mention others. Hahah you really are a funny guy. You routinely speak of guns, politics, and probably a host of other touchy subjects but now are pointing the finger and saying we need to protect the thread. I've tapped out of many discussions in the past because of the thread so I won't start apologizing now for adding a couple of posts past what you or anyone else on this thread deems acceptable since we are all kind of guilty from time to time.. Have a little self respect and just stop typing for a little while. Step away from the key board. I know you don't see it but your looking incredibly hypocritical and I almost feel bad for you.

Interesting that your employing one of the libs go to tactics. Try and silence/get rid of and in this case insinuate bans on this that you are either threatened by or dosadisa with.

Step away from the key baord very very slowly lmaooo
Hello; I could point out that you seem to be out of control in several of your latest posts but doubt you will see what I refer to. Perhaps someone else whose opinion you will respect might try.

Sure I have made posts in the past that might run up to the edge of restricted topics but not in the last few days of this particular thread at all. Kinda tough to be hypocritical when I did not participate in the most recent brawl. Also it is this most recent political brawl that may put the thread at risk. What you, I or others may have done in the past has no bearing on the current situation.

You also seem to be ignoring that it was two other forum members who first commented about the recent threat that too much political discussion poses to this thread. It was not me. Much later I stated that it will be better, in my opinion, to ban a few who will not stop the raw political stuff rather than get the thread closed. This is my opinion only. I have not reported you to the Mods and am not a rat in that way.

My guess is there exist forums where in such raw political stuff is allowed. I do not go to any so cannot say for sure. Perhaps others can give a suggestion or few.

All that said, keep coming at me if it helps you to vent.

skjl47

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
May 16, 2011
Tennessee
Hello; Here is a question. I need the shingles replaced on my house. I was going to get metal but the price has gone up recently. Fiberglass based asphalt shingles will be at least $1,400 cheaper. In Tennessee we have a somewhat moderate climate. Not super cold in the winter (in fact much warmer on average the last few years). Not usually heat extremes in the summer. Lots of 90+ F degree days but not too many days over 100 degrees F (At least so far).

Any opinions or experiences forum members may have had?

jaws7777

Probation Member
Probation Member
Mar 1, 2014
Hello; I could point out that you seem to be out of control in several of your latest posts but doubt you will see what I refer to. Perhaps someone else whose opinion you will respect might try.
No please do tell me where I've come across as out of control.

None of my comments towards imabot imabot we're meant to insult. Just offering a different view.

Sure I have made posts in the past that might run up to the edge of restricted topics but not in the last few days of this particular thread at all.
"Run up to the edge "? if that makes you feel better go with it man but you, me and everyone who's posted in this thread know that's not true.

Kinda tough to be hypocritical when I did not participate in the most recent brawl. Also it is this most recent political brawl that may put the thread at risk.
I think your being overly dramatic maybe trying to create a boogie man that doesn't exist to Garner some support ? No one is threatening to shut down the thread that I am aware of. I have not received any warnings from mods to boot.

Where was the brawl imabot posted something I posted something what was there a total of 3 or 4 replies between us? No insults where thrown. That is not a brawl pal but I get it. You now want this to appear that the situation was out of control. Krich did post something reminding us. I chose to reply to imabot and have no apologies for it. Right up to that point quite a few of us were in the political no no zone.

You also seem to be ignoring that it was two other forum members who first commented about the recent threat that too much political discussion poses to this thread. It

Right we've addressed that already. Again I'll point out that quite a few of us were talking politics. BUT YOU chose to mention bans and direct them at imabot who's view differs from yours and myself who you routinely get into dust ups with.

Stop being dramatic no one is threatening the thread. The politics talk was overwith a page ago. Give our mods a little credit no brawl happened other than the one in your imagination

Reactions: Deadliestviper7

jaws7777

Probation Member
Probation Member
Mar 1, 2014
Here's some fun random facts:
On average you will meet 12 serial murderers in your lifetime.

Genghis khan killed so many people he changed the weather, this was due to farms and villages returning to woodland
I've heard 1 in 3 people can trace their lineage back to Khan?
If either of you get a chance watch Marco Polo on Netflix. It's about Kublai Khan and is one of my favorite shows. Stinks that they only did 2 seasons

jaws7777

Probation Member
Probation Member
Mar 1, 2014
Another one that bugs me is presenting scientific theories as facts.
So freaking true. Look at gobekli teppi (spelling) its proving allot of "supposed" scientific facts wrong.

jaws7777

Probation Member
Probation Member
Mar 1, 2014
Are you referring to this? What theories are being proven wrong?
Yup. Mainly the time line from when we stopped being Hunter gatherers. If thats off then it could possibly she'd d light into how long we've existed as an intelligent species.

Allot of the older egyptologists are in a losing battle as we speak thanks to our modern technology used to uncover all sorts of things.

There's also a site off the coast of Japan. A sunken city that's really thrown a wrench into the accepted human timeline

skjl47

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
May 16, 2011
Tennessee
"Run up to the edge "? if that makes you feel better go with it man but you, me and everyone who's posted in this thread know that's not true.
I have not received any warnings from mods to boot.
Hello; you answered your own question in that while I did in the past to some degree, large or small, indulge in threads that involved off limit topics, I also was not warned or banned. That is the sense of going up to the edge. When you go beyond the edge one or more of those things happen.

When I read the political posts in this most recent "brawl" (substitute any term that suits such as "heated discussion" or whatever") I did have some thoughts on the subject. I knew the discussion was too political and kept mum. Again I did not make political comments during this series of posts. I stayed out of it.

no one is threatening the thread
Hello; Interesting in that two other members made statements of warning about that very thing long before my comments. This should indicate that I was not the only one who recognized the too political content.

Hello; Why the mods shut down some other threads super quick over posts much more tame than what went on here recently is a mystery. Not very long ago that very thing happened. It was a trigger that got me to thinking and which resulted in my starting a thread about what might make the hobby too hard.
Why some times things are allowed to go on and other times are shut down quickly is something I do not know. But it does indeed happen.

jaws7777

Probation Member
Probation Member
Mar 1, 2014
Hello; you answered your own question in that while I did in the past to some degree, large or small, indulge in threads that involved off limit topics, I also was not warned or banned. That is the sense of going up to the edge. When you go beyond the edge one or more of those things happen.

When I read the political posts in this most recent "brawl" (substitute any term that suits such as "heated discussion" or whatever") I did have some thoughts on the subject. I knew the discussion was too political and kept mum. Again I did not make political comments during this series of posts. I stayed out of it.

Hello; Interesting in that two other members made statements of warning about that very thing long before my comments. This should indicate that I was not the only one who recognized the too political content.

Hello; Why the mods shut down some other threads super quick over posts much more tame than what went on here recently is a mystery. Not very long ago that very thing happened. It was a trigger that got me to thinking and which resulted in my starting a thread about what might make the hobby too hard.
Why some times things are allowed to go on and other times are shut down quickly is something I do not know. But it does indeed happen.
Please post the political related comments that were wild or untammed or out of control. I really need you to back up your comments

10 or 11 other members including yourself and I were making political comments before krich reminded us to ease up on it. I did not. I posted some links about Russia and what I believe to be the truth about what happened because soo many are stuck on one side of that story not one time was anyone insulted. 2 other members also made aditional political related comments afterword. But the two members you either do not like or agree with should get banned but you and the other 9ish your ok with. You just keep on proving me right. Total hypocrite

You are being a drama queen let it go already man. Im not getting banned neither is imabot. Stop having an adult tantrum . It's over. If anything your constant alarm ringing is bringing more attention to the situation that the comments themselves.

Reactions: Kris P Bacon
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store