Official Off Topic Discussion Thread #1

jaws7777

Probation Member
Probation Member
Mar 1, 2014
White house 1600 Pennsylvania Ave NW, Washington
Scholars/scientists admit they got this wrong. Must cast doubt on allot of other questionable claims.

Reactions: Deadliestviper7

skjl47

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
May 16, 2011
Tennessee
Hello; The following posts are here placed is the correct sequence. Krichardson was the first to sound an alarm followed by PYRU. If you go back and read thru the posts after PYRU's # 7943397 there were additional political posts.
I include my first post which was a reply to Pops. I did mention you and imabot because both of you were still going at it.

Guys I would really love to jump in the fray here but we are already tap dancing on very thin ice as it is...How bout we lay off the political talk and not further endanger this great thread of getting closed .
Yeah I'm out lol...been pushing it, but pretty sure this is full on violating status now.
Hello; I see you are staying out of the political stuff also. Looks like imabot and jaws are going to push things. maybe they will get banned and the mods will leave the thread going.
Edit -perhaps I posted too soon.

I have heard people using mules Ge and haw to tell the mule to turn.
Cmon guys, we don't want anyone banned, we'd just end up here by ourselves. Politics is not allowed because of how fast things get waay out of hand. Let's stop being petty and move on.
10 or 11 other members including yourself and I were making political comments before krich reminded us to ease up on it.
Hello; Again I was not posting on the political stuff. Seeing as how the stuff I write is still in this thread you should be able to check on this and not keep repeating something that is not correct.

jaws7777

Probation Member
Probation Member
Mar 1, 2014
Hello; First I am not a liberal. I am not criticising your acts or the acts of others. You have jumped to a defensive position which in not warranted. I also think people should generally be able to do pretty much what they want. The exceptions include those things that affect others.

Smoking for example. I quit smoking many decades ago and now the smell is nauseating and I have a strong reaction to it. I am pleased that I now longer have to risk breathing second hand smoke in resturants. I do not allow smoking on my property but figure you or others can smoke at your place all you want. My problem with smoking is that the expected disease outcomes result in expensive medical care. That many who smoke themselves into such tobacco related disease often cannot pay the cost of that freedom of choice.
My teachers health insurance started making smokers pay a bigger premium rate some years ago. This is the way it should be in that the extra premiums should pay for the greater likely hood of tobacco related disease for the smokers.

Car exhaust is somewhat different. Every car puts out toxic emissions that move around freely to the lungs of others. I was a driver before the first smog controls were placed on vehicles and can recall serious smog. For example if I have a creek that crosses my property onto someone else's property, do I have the right to poision that water when it is on my property?
Hello; Been thinking about the above quoted statement and am still not sure what you mean by it. Would you care to expand.
Hello; The following posts are here placed is the correct sequence. Krichardson was the first to sound an alarm followed by PYRU. If you go back and read thru the posts after PYRU's # 7943397 there were additional political posts.
I include my first post which was a reply to Pops. I did mention you and imabot because both of you were still going at it.

Hello; Again I was not posting on the political stuff. Seeing as how the stuff I write is still in this thread you should be able to check on this and not keep repeating something that is not correct.
Don't know if you didn't understand or are just enjoying the attention but I said BEFORE krichs post you were engaged in political talk.

Quoted the posts you and I were talking about the meaning of liberal and smoking.

Buddy I'm done playing with you. Having different views is one thing, both sides can still find a common ground but your making a big deal out of nothing.

I've no doubt that you will reply with some long winded epitome but actually SAY very little. Enjoy

skjl47

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
May 16, 2011
Tennessee
Quoted the posts you and I were talking about the meaning of liberal and smoking.
Hello; Interesting. I think you just proved my point. I was talking about people being responsible for their own medical costs when they get a smoking related disease from actually smoking. I guess in some twisted way that can be stretched out to be political talk but it is quite a stretch. Somehow you interpreted that as a liberal thing which I did not agree with.

Not sure that compares in scope with the much later political talk some of us feared might get the thread shut down.

jaws7777

Probation Member
Probation Member
Mar 1, 2014
Link didn't work. Deleted

Last edited:
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store