Official Off Topic Discussion Thread #1

jaws7777

Probation Member
Probation Member
Mar 1, 2014
White house 1600 Pennsylvania Ave NW, Washington
Yup constitutionally no official language but also no way to have a cohesive society unless we can all communicate with each other. wwII era immigrants had to learn the language...oddly isn't that generation reffered to the greatest American generation ? Maybe being able to talk to each other had something to do with ir

jaws7777

Probation Member
Probation Member
Mar 1, 2014
It's funny I was just talking to my grandmother and it dawned on me they never ever speak Italian. Even though my grandfather still has an accent I cannot remember hearing him speak Italian. This has just been the way it always has been so it never stood out to me

Reactions: Deadliestviper7

Kris P Bacon

Piranha
MFK Member
May 7, 2018
GOD's country Arcadia Fl. Chasing mollies
It's funny I was just talking to my grandmother and it dawned on me they never ever speak Italian. Even though my grandfather still has an accent I cannot remember hearing him speak Italian. This has just been the way it always has been so it never stood out to me
The good old days, when immigrants felt their first duty was to assimilate and learn English.
"Diversity" is globalist dog whistle for "destroy Americas national identity and traditional values"

krichardson

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jun 19, 2006
Datnoid Island
I
You can imagine what it's like here in southern California. FREE ESL classes, at lots of the schools.
I got no problem with the classes themselves as I'm all for teaching it to newcomers heck,I want to learn a few languages myself.My tiny issue is the "second language"name of the class.
It should be called,"English is the first language" .

imabot

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Jun 8, 2017
Yes in a vacuum you are correc
But the president and the federal gov powers are different t during times of war.

Carter banned Iranian immigration. At one time HIV positive person's were banned until oshama lifted it. Communists and even Jews were banned for some time during ww2.
Jimmy Carter did not ban Iranian immigration like you are proposing. He didn't allow new visas from Iran other than "for compelling and proven humanitarian reasons or where the national interest of our own country requires" . This was until the hostages taken in the overthrow of the Shah were released.

This can not be compared to a complete blanket ban on the middle east. Carter had a well defined end/goal. I am not sure what HIV positive persons have to do with banning people from becoming citizens because of their national origin. Who is "Oshama"? I don't think that banning people based on their religion and ideology helped the war effort.

Vetting ? Serious question other than quoting DHS guidelines on "how" they are vetting these people. Do you honestly believe these methods are effective ? Do you believe that a terrorist could possibly sneak his way in ?
Yes, they are very effective. I'm not sure what your issue with the vetting process is. Could you specify? A terrorist could sneak in, but the vetting process makes it very unlikely.

krichardson

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jun 19, 2006
Datnoid Island
Anyone see that video of an illegal getting back with their kid? It seems fake as the kid isn't even hugging the parent. The kid is like who are you?
Nope,I don't watch it anymore.I'm sick of the nonstop coverage and whining of the news reporters.

*ROCK*

Gambusia
MFK Member
Jun 8, 2018
I

I got no problem with the classes themselves as I'm all for teaching it to newcomers heck,I want to learn a few languages myself.My tiny issue is the "second language"name of the class.
It should be called,"English is the first language" .
Yea I hear ya.

Last edited:

jaws7777

Probation Member
Probation Member
Mar 1, 2014
Jimmy Carter did not ban Iranian immigration like you are proposing. He didn't allow new visas from Iran other than "for compelling and proven humanitarian reasons or where the national interest of our own country requires" . This was until the hostages taken in the overthrow of the Shah were released.

This can not be compared to a complete blanket ban on the middle east. Carter had a well defined end/goal. I am not sure what HIV positive persons have to do with banning people from becoming citizens because of their national origin. Who is "Oshama"? I don't think that banning people based on their religion and ideology helped the war effort.

Yes, they are very effective. I'm not sure what your issue with the vetting process is. Could you specify? A terrorist could sneak in, but the vetting process makes it very unlikely.
I get all of that but isn't that just a more politically correct way of saying ban or restrictions.

"for compelling and proven humanitarian reasons or where the national interest of our own country requires" . This was until the hostages taken in the overthrow of the Shah were released.

Right and we backed the Sha so we waited until "where the national interest of our own country requires" or basically beneficial to us. I was just making a point the the president and the fed have right to restrict immigration in times of conflict.

I should not have used the word ban, that was incorrect

BUT Trump did not impose a blanket ban. It's was 8 countries where are you hearing of a blanket ban from MSNBC?

Just last night there was a report of a refugee with isis ties. I will post the link later if you like

Reactions: Deadliestviper7
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store