Platinum and other Super Rare Arowanas

Darren87_Sg

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
May 17, 2008
Singapore
Hey guys just wondering whether any of you keep those super rare arowanas like the Platinum Arowana,king arowana,short bodied arowana,etc.

i heard a platinum asian arowana is the rarest of them all cuz it only comes once in every 20,000 asian arowanas.same applies for the silver arowanas.the scales are all aligned perfectly and the colour on it is a pure platinum colour.therefore a true platinum arowana can cost up to 100 thousand - 200 thousand US dollars.the only time i saw one on sale it was a few years back going for 80k and it was still a baby.

heres pictures of one.
taken from www.arowanacafe.com

here's pic of a platinum silver arowana (cost lesser)

if any of u guys do have it post your pics here!

jcardona1

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jun 5, 2007
South of Heaven
god those are beautiful! i barely managed to pay $35 for my little silver aro :ROFL:

Darren87_Sg

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
May 17, 2008
Singapore
i cant imagine taking care of a 100k fish,you'll be so scared to change water for it as it might get into pH shock or chlorine poisioning,even feeding time will be scary as you dont want to overfeed or underfeed it.i think mostly only those LFS have those but most of the time they dun have it on sale as they only want to attract customers to go take a look at their supreme one of a kind arowana to attract business.

Knowdafish

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Aug 12, 2007
Philippines
I'll take 6! :D

jay17

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Apr 28, 2008
Philippines
if you have one, please dont brag about it.. your life would be in danger.. aro fancatics KILL to have an aro like that.. lol

ermgravy

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Jun 1, 2007
behind my iMac.... Southampton UK.
i think kojis black bodied gold is very special..... if that counts.....

Eoibio

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Dec 18, 2008
*+*+ireland+*+*
Wow the cruelist fish is probally the most exspensive...The repulsive lionhead arowana is even more cruel than a cross between a bubble eye goldy and a pom-pon goldy.Disgraceful.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store