Platinum and other Super Rare Arowanas

Hao

The Ancient
MFK Member
Oct 17, 2008
HungDang;4683959; said:
the first two are Golden head golden Arowana, some of golden aro born with platinum color but their price is just as high as a golden head aro.
the last pic wasn't Asian arowana, it is a South American aro and I think that I read some where that 1 out of 100 000 fish like that !
:screwy: What was your point in bumping an old thread? The OP already identified what species those Aros were. ;) The 1st 2 is just an XB in WTT causing it to look pale/light.
Cheesetian;4684627; said:
Arowanas don't come from South America do they?
Arowanas do come from South America-Silver Arowana, and Black Arowana. ;)

zenyoungkoh

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jun 7, 2010
so cal and singapore
sodenoshirayuki;2687258; said:
Again, its a genetic deformity. Breeders didnt make the cyclops or the lionhead. It came out like that and all they're doing now is trying to breed another one. Why is that creul? Its the same concept with albino fish.
Its cruel because they are encouring deformities. The small deformed aro could be leading a normal aro's life, but breeders choose to breed deform aros causing more aro than usual to experience this inconvenience. Imagine if there was a farm breeding deformed human, more human would be deformed. I dont think you like to have difficulty walking do you?

ausarow

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Oct 7, 2008
australia
when these white arow genes throw out in the gene pool in the wild they dont get firmed upon into the gene pool because of predators. over time we should see more of them.
as for the lumpy headed thing, i had always thought that was a disease type problem because i have seen that in a jardini develop over time and also someone once saw one in a local shop on a jar but it wasnt so prominent. i guess even lionheads apear on goldfish when they get older. hearing of two locally made me think it was something to do with bad water. kind of like the skin had water under it. but it could be a genetic that is linked to the disease.
has anyone got a picture of a platinum jar or lei?
i suppose a lot of the jars have come from the wild and so have had the birds and fish predators go for an expensive feed. sometimes batches of other species will have two heads and the scientists lay the blame at chemical spray drift from nearby farms.
my number 1 vote is the platinum silver. magic looking fish that one.

Arowana1

Candiru
MFK Member
Jan 12, 2008
California Motherlode Area
Great fish!! And I having a tough time finding High Shine Silvers.

Mudslinger14

Candiru
MFK Member
Jul 17, 2010
Usa
n00bs. I have 11.

HungDang

Piranha
MFK Member
Nov 29, 2010
Fort Worth
Ancient_Fish_Master;4684648; said:
holy bump of old threads, what else did you find down there?!?!
some how I found it on goolge !

HungDang

Piranha
MFK Member
Nov 29, 2010
Fort Worth
in some books I read few years ago, they said white aro in Amazon river can grow up to 3 m long ( 10 feet) they are the ghost of Amazon !

Juxtaroberto

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Jan 1, 2009
Los Angeles, CA, USA
HungDang;4688986; said:
in some books I read few years ago, they said white aro in Amazon river can grow up to 3 m long ( 10 feet) they are the ghost of Amazon !
... my guess is someone wearing all white saw their reflection stretched out across the water, and the sun was in their eyes, so they went out and wrote a book about arowanas getting two and a half times as big as they normally do.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store