Platinum and other Super Rare Arowanas

Totskie

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jan 23, 2009
Totskieland
Eoibio;2684101; said:
Wow the cruelist fish is probally the most exspensive...The repulsive lionhead arowana is even more cruel than a cross between a bubble eye goldy and a pom-pon goldy.Disgraceful.
Why is it cruel? I thought these were natural born, but a rare occurrence.

sodenoshirayuki

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Aug 24, 2008
Toronto
Eoibio;2684101; said:
Wow the cruelist fish is probally the most exspensive...The repulsive lionhead arowana is even more cruel than a cross between a bubble eye goldy and a pom-pon goldy.Disgraceful.
Why would it be creul? Its a birth defect, not a man made thing.

King-eL

Polypterus
MFK Member
Nov 28, 2008
Philippines and Canada
I don't think platinum arowana are the rarest color morphs of arowana. Melanistic and xanthic arowanas are even more rarer tha leusistics (platinum/snow).

When it come to deformed fish, the rarest would be the cyclopes asian arowana that I saw from Indo-dragon book. It only got 1 eye in the middle of it's forehead. Only if my scanner is working right now, I would scan the pic.

Eoibio

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Dec 18, 2008
*+*+ireland+*+*
The lionhead is cruel because people purposely breed them for the look.Cyclops aro?That just shows us how overbred they are!

King-eL

Polypterus
MFK Member
Nov 28, 2008
Philippines and Canada
Eoibio;2686314; said:
The lionhead is cruel because people purposely breed them for the look.Cyclops aro?That just shows us how overbred they are!
The first lionhead jar came out accidentally but some breeder are now breeding them to get the perfect lion head shape, but I think it's still ugly.

It's actually not cruel because it's a natural deform.

jmotion

Gambusia
MFK Member
Jul 4, 2008
Bay Area / Sac
King-eL;2686919; said:
The first lionhead jar came out accidentally but some breeder are now breeding them to get the perfect lion head shape, but I think it's still ugly.

It's actually not cruel because it's a natural deform.

That picture gives me the heebie jeebies everytime I see it. Should be a rule for lock/delete for any new threads about that image. Edit post to remove image, post link with warning to original thread. :eek:

Gr8KarmaSF

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MFK Member
Jul 23, 2005
Quarantine Tank
My friends...

MyPicture_47.jpg

MyPicture_51.jpg

MyPicture_52.jpg

MyPicture_49.jpg

MyPicture_54.jpg

sodenoshirayuki

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Aug 24, 2008
Toronto
Eoibio;2686314; said:
Again, its a genetic deformity. Breeders didnt make the cyclops or the lionhead. It came out like that and all they're doing now is trying to breed another one. Why is that creul? Its the same concept with albino fish.

Hao

The Ancient
MFK Member
Oct 17, 2008
well too me every arow looks cool including birth defects like lionhead arow

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store