Platinum and other Super Rare Arowanas

King-eL

Polypterus
MFK Member
Nov 28, 2008
Philippines and Canada
Reason why they continue to breed them like that because in Asia they are considered as a unique fish and to some who believe in superstition they think it a lucky fish. That's why breeders continued to breed them to make money. It also become a center of attention.

angelo21

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Oct 25, 2008
At my house...
very nice!

Wet Whiskers

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Aug 28, 2008
Amongst the Catfish & Plecos
My only thought on breeding these aros with deformities is that these animals are already endangered. Any breeding really should be to keep the original species' qualities intact. I personally would rather see a healthy, naturally stunning animal. I mean we can genetically alter all sorts of crap now. The fact that arowanas are part of the naturally occurring world is what is so special.

Eoibio

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Dec 18, 2008
*+*+ireland+*+*
The only nice deformity is proper emperor aro's...Thats the only deformity I would keep.

sodenoshirayuki

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Aug 24, 2008
Toronto
Eoibio;2688029; said:
The only nice deformity is proper emperor aro's...Thats the only deformity I would keep.
An emperor red is not even a deformity...its just a type of asian aro...

sodenoshirayuki

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Aug 24, 2008
Toronto
RedDevilDon2005;2688658; said:
please stop bickering about the lionhead. keep it on track, this thread is to show off rare aros, not b***h about deformities.

and Jerry, are those yours?
Not like i see YOU showing off a rare aro...

sodenoshirayuki

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Aug 24, 2008
Toronto
BTW the lionhead IS rare, along with other deformities. So we were never really off track.

HungDang

Piranha
MFK Member
Nov 29, 2010
Fort Worth
lion head is just a genetic mutation same as snow-white South American arowana ! but the snow-white look beautiful for me but the lion head look like a sick fish !

HungDang

Piranha
MFK Member
Nov 29, 2010
Fort Worth
Darren87_Sg;1918036; said:
Hey guys just wondering whether any of you keep those super rare arowanas like the Platinum Arowana,king arowana,short bodied arowana,etc.

i heard a platinum asian arowana is the rarest of them all cuz it only comes once in every 20,000 asian arowanas.same applies for the silver arowanas.the scales are all aligned perfectly and the colour on it is a pure platinum colour.therefore a true platinum arowana can cost up to 100 thousand - 200 thousand US dollars.the only time i saw one on sale it was a few years back going for 80k and it was still a baby.

heres pictures of one.
taken from www.arowanacafe.com

here's pic of a platinum silver arowana (cost lesser)

if any of u guys do have it post your pics here!
the first two are Golden head golden Arowana, some of golden aro born with platinum color but their price is just as high as a golden head aro.
the last pic wasn't Asian arowana, it is a South American aro and I think that I read some where that 1 out of 100 000 fish like that !

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store