Please post all your wolffish here...any type also can!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

channarox

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Nov 27, 2007
south east asia

Tigriuns™

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Feb 27, 2007
Singapore
channarox;3987431; said:
http://www.monsterfishkeepers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=287879&highlight=black+wolf+xingu
those are jelly's wolves.
as you can see,different head shape,pattern,and body shape.
go to BCaquaria's forum and take a look at all the wolves,especially the orinoco black.
I guess i got 3 black wolf from 3 different river then...
orinoco black that is a aimara not black wolf by hugo..
See his website and youtube to know...
the marco i referring is much different.

Irish pirate

Feeder Fish
Feb 22, 2010
Toronto
i named my red finned wolf 'sui' because he literally tried killing himself 2 days in a row the first week i got him by jumping out the tank...... over 5 hours on the floor both times, and both times looking dead.... once put back in the tank he went straight to his spot and even ate a minnow right after like nothing happened. Hes becoming one of my favs..... and i have pretty cool fish its just he has this sick personality

Tigriuns™

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Feb 27, 2007
Singapore
Irish pirate;3987862; said:
i named my red finned wolf 'sui' because he literally tried killing himself 2 days in a row the first week i got him by jumping out the tank...... over 5 hours on the floor both times, and both times looking dead.... once put back in the tank he went straight to his spot and even ate a minnow right after like nothing happened. Hes becoming one of my favs..... and i have pretty cool fish its just he has this sick personality
Check on the water condition it might not like that why it jump out..

channarox

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Nov 27, 2007
south east asia
Tigriuns™;3987841; said:
I guess i got 3 black wolf from 3 different river then...
orinoco black that is a aimara not black wolf by hugo..
See his website and youtube to know...
the marco i referring is much different.
yeah,you probably do.
i see some differences between them.
hugo does have an orinoco black,it isnt on his website i think.
he posted videos of it on youtube.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RPu1z3a_s6E

Tigriuns™

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Feb 27, 2007
Singapore
channarox;3990659; said:
yeah i know.curupira.
i dont think anyone has a "macropthalmus" if its still a valid species.
have..I saw it before look like aimara just without the spot and it is so much fatter....

mynheers_a_pint

Candiru
MFK Member
May 4, 2008
United Kingdom
Macrophthalmus is no longer a recognised name as it was proven to be Aimara;

The taxonomy of the nominal species of giant trahiras Hoplias aimara (Valenciennes, 1846) and Hoplias macrophthalmus (Pellegrin, 1907), both described from Cayenne (French Guiana), was evaluated to determine whether they constitute distinct forms and to determine the geographic distribution of the recognized species. A total of 200 specimens were examined (30-624 mm standard length). Analysis of meristic and morphometric data resulted in the recognition of a single species. Study of the type-specimens revealed that both species names, H. aimara and H. macrophthalmus, refer to the same taxon.

Status
Not open for further replies.
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store