Show Us The Different Species of African Rift Lake Cichlids..

tarheels910

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Apr 1, 2007
Concord, NC
Already posted some pics of one of my 55s. Heres a pic with some of my fish:

55 Gallon African Cichlids 050.jpg

ikevi

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Nov 19, 2006
Oregon
So I have over 500 gallons of Malawis... Here are a few of my guys.

I will post better photos if there is a want for it. (I just took almost all of these today, but my camera ran out of juice with no real great photo.)

Grow out:

Main tank:

And my Fav albino mbuna: (Obviously different tank)

ikevi

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Nov 19, 2006
Oregon
Yah I know about cleaning the glass, and that tank isn't a 500, can't have that size tank at the moment. What I was saying is that I have ~13 odd tanks... (BUT I can tell you that hopefully within the next 5 years I will be getting/or making a huge tank and making it only Malawi.)

I wouldn't go as far as to say that I have all of them, but yes I do have a lot of them... More haps then peacocks.

And finally

I promise I will post better pictures soon. I didn't post one of my 50 grow out since they didn't turn out last night, but I have just put in a second by color and the males are showing there color in there tank like crazy.

Here are some older ones... I likely have posted them in this forum before but eh. (And yah... I have put a lot of money in these guys but at least I got them cheaper by going though Erik Dyke)

Oh and Red Devil, that is an Albino Taiwan Reef. I actually have 3 all the same age but 1 hurt his eye and hasn't grown much (is in the first or second picture). The other is in my 50.

ikevi

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Nov 19, 2006
Oregon
Well I have seen large Taiwan reef at ~8 inches. They grow fast to ~4-5 inches then slow down a lot. Very very peaceful fish.

I actually have 1 in the tank that isn't albino.

But for what they can really look like:
http://www.cichlid-forum.com/profiles/species.php?id=1235

If you have the space and are willing to wait for the fish to get comfortable. (IE it took a year to go from:

To this:

But just for scale, I got the albino at ~1.5 inches at X-mas and he is already the same size:

(I got the normal Taiwan at ~4 inches just starting to show color.)

Of course color depends on the fish... Look at what this guy has gone from.
When I first got him:

Now:

(Sorry about the crud pictures, I only had a camera phone for a long time...)

Lady G

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jan 3, 2007
Wisconsin
Well, here are a couple pics of my Africans:

267.JPG

007.JPG

011.JPG

057.JPG

024.JPG

022.JPG