Show Us The Different Species of African Rift Lake Cichlids..

Red Devil

Nice to meet you and welcome to MFK
Staff member
MFK Member
Feb 23, 2006
United states of America
Heres a couple of my OB Zebras growing out...

Lady G

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jan 3, 2007
Wisconsin
I got a couple pics of my Ob's and my new kenyi I thought I would add

012.JPG

013.JPG

014.JPG

017.JPG

018.JPG

028.JPG

030.JPG

031.JPG

Red Devil

Staff member
MFK Member
Feb 23, 2006
United states of America
All the OB blue babies and a few others that let me take their pic this morning.

ikevi

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Nov 19, 2006
Oregon
Nice, you know my Copadichromis borleyi (the red fin ones) for some reason lost all there color when I put them into a tank where they are the biggest fish.

Anyways I got my shipment in, sadly an Placidochromis sp phenochilus didn't make it. But I have some quick shots. (And as I type colors are blazing all over the tank, will take a vid.)

So the three fish I have never had before:

Kandeensis:

Fossorochromis rostratus: (He is small but will grow up nice and big, right now the yellow labs are going head to head with him.)

Placidochromis electra: (Wow this little guy has gonads, he is going head to head with the German Red that is twice his size, and his coloring went from nothing to suddenly full blast in an instant when he hit the tank.)

And I had to get this guy... After seeing malawi haps :)
Note, still have to figure out a good way to take photos of him, albinos are always hard, but this guy is even harder. IE his face is hard to photo right.

Albino Flavescent:

And I had to get this guy since my last one killed himself by the rocks. (He would scrape off half of his skin, it would heal then he would do it again, eventually he didn't recover from one scraping too many. It wasn't pritty...)
Jake Hongi:

And last but by no means least (IE best for last)...
Then I needed one for my 135, since the other guy is in essence blind and needs a substrate free floor to find food. Oh and this is a stunner, large, and blue based. (For those of you that don't know that is the much harder to find OB base.)
OB Ahli:

Quick 4 minute vid of the tank will be up in a few.

ikevi

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Nov 19, 2006
Oregon
Vid... usually I just give links, so if this doesn't work do tell.

And thanks for the compliment.

Red Devil

Staff member
MFK Member
Feb 23, 2006
United states of America
ikevi;1196499; said:
Vid... usually I just give links, so if this doesn't work do tell.

And thanks for the compliment.
The video is the best one ever... what a tank full of gorgeous fish.. my very very very favorite is this one and then the electra..they all look like they get along great..hard to believe you just put them in there.. they look like a splash of dynamite colors.. that ob is absolutely stunning and struts his stuff too.. i would be happy to own any of them thats for sure.. great job!! But this one does remain my all time favorite..which one of yours in the almost white with orange/gold head..thats what i thought i was posting.. that is my favorite of yours.

Red Devil

Staff member
MFK Member
Feb 23, 2006
United states of America
ikevi;1196505; said:
Yah turns is what it will end up being. And as for flooding the market we have some idiots that tend to do that. (IE 1 guy brought over 100 fryeri to the last auction alone.)

Andy yah I only have 1 electra. I had seen photos before but this was the first time I got one. In fact if I can get another and know it is a female that would be awesome, since they are one of the few haps that are colored for both female and males. (Though I don't even know if this is for sure a male.)
They are so hard to find those electra's..how big do they get? You will know in time by watching how it acts.. gorgeous and not timid either.. i can see he/she is enjoying their new home.i meant to post this one..i know what it is ..looked it up again..it is your Taiwan reef.. my favorite of all ..

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store