Show Us The Different Species of African Rift Lake Cichlids..

toehead11183

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Dec 4, 2006
Memphis, tn
Here are some pics of my 150. I got most of them, some were still hiding. My stock includes:

6 Cyphotilapia frontosa
1 Altolamprologus calvus (presumed eaten)
1 Neolamprologus leleupi
1 Neolamprologus brevis
1 Neolamprologus caudopunctus
1 Julidochromis marlieri
1 Julidochromis ornatus
1 Julidochromis dickfieldi
1 Labidochromis careoleus
1 Copadichromis borleyi
9 Clown Loaches (I got most of them)
2 Clown pleco(hiding)
1 Madtom Catfish(Hiding)
4 Apple snails (working on another great big one!)
1 Female Betta
Some type of platy(i had more, this one hasnt been eaten yet)

Caitlyn 005.jpg

Caitlyn 006.jpg

Caitlyn 007.jpg

Caitlyn 008.jpg

Caitlyn 009.jpg

Caitlyn 010.jpg

Caitlyn 011.jpg

Caitlyn 012.jpg

Caitlyn 013.jpg

Caitlyn 014.jpg

Caitlyn 015.jpg

Caitlyn 019.jpg

Caitlyn 017.jpg

Caitlyn 018.jpg

Caitlyn 020.jpg

Caitlyn 021.jpg

ikevi

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Nov 19, 2006
Oregon
So then here are a load of pictures coming.... I finally was able to take some shots of my growout (where I put the lwandas and the electras. They all wanted to huddle in the corner.) (I am including a shot of it, funny fish don't like flashes... I can't blame them seeing as I go blind all to quickly from flashes.)

Note the lwandas are the small brown guys and the 1 obvious male. I payed 5 bucks for that male... This is why I like Erik. (Well the other fish are awesome too.) But now I get to see what male is best, though I think my original is still going to stay king.)

Ok enough talk posting pictures:

First off I have a lot of German Reds, long story. But I like fins and my current Alpha male doesn't have the fins, though he might be starting to grow. That being said this is his < 2 inch male with fish that are what ~3.5 inches. Obviously I plan on switching him into the 135 when he gets big enough.

And a shot of my tank of german reds... just to give an idea of how many. About half are female.

Ok more grow out shots. Notice the clumping, and the empty tank on the other side. (No comments on cleaning the tank, it was actually done 2 days ago. I try to pump these guys full of food to get them to grow faster.)

I don't know why but I like this shot.

And now the 135:

ikevi

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Nov 19, 2006
Oregon
Ok I decided to try a few more shots. I liked these enough to actually adjust the levels a little, crop and add my username. enjoy. (Though I cleaned the glass and somehow more stuff got on it then what I took off, eh they still look good.)

Red Devil

Nice to meet you and welcome to MFK
Staff member
MFK Member
Feb 23, 2006
United states of America
My male Venustus remains an awesome color even though the female is in the Frontosa tank for a rest and babies are doing great..and some others..

ikevi

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Nov 19, 2006
Oregon
So then since we must post pictures here now, eh...

Ok anyways I haven't shown this guy to anyone yet.

So if you didn't know I have a problem with yellow labs, that is a very large surplus population that somehow manages to live in my 135. So far I have only pulled 2 fry out to let the survive and well it turns out 1 of them was this deformed guy. He acts just like all my other yellow labs, though they are just petco quality.

Anyways the pictures. (His body is normal only the mouth, but it still works and he eats just fine seeing as he is the same size as his brother that is also in the tank.)

Oh and just 2 more pictures of some other guys I am growing out.

ikevi

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Nov 19, 2006
Oregon
So then I have been having fun taking quals, fighting bloat... and watching some cool colors. (The bloat was caused by me freaking out since I swear I saw ich, added salt slowly and heated, no ich at least, lots of fish stopped eating, now all but 2 are eating like champs, but I know what I am doing.)

Anyways my Taiwan Reef male has decided to become alpha male, and it is very fun to watch this guy in action right now.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store