Show Us The Different Species of African Rift Lake Cichlids..

orljdmh22

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Apr 1, 2008
U.S.A
thanks for the compliment!!! i have a lot of other tanks, and a lot of other fish that i love. but this tank was pretty much my first one, and i don't think i could ever change it. i have a Tanganyikan tank too i gotta get some pictures of, nothing but white holy rock top to bottom. i just love Africans.

Red Devil

Nice to meet you and welcome to MFK
Staff member
MFK Member
Feb 23, 2006
United states of America
orljdmh22;2367876; said:
thanks for the compliment!!! i have a lot of other tanks, and a lot of other fish that i love. but this tank was pretty much my first one, and i don't think i could ever change it. i have a Tanganyikan tank too i gotta get some pictures of, nothing but white holy rock top to bottom. i just love Africans.
i do too.. and i love my africans too... that tank should never be changed.. it is perfect..love to see all your others when you can...good job!!

ikevi

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Nov 19, 2006
Oregon
Orljdmh22, a very nice bunch of fish there. (I have very similar tastes, heck I have almost all of those in some tank or another.) How long have you had them in that tank with all the rocks? (And have you had any eye damage occur?)

orljdmh22

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Apr 1, 2008
U.S.A
i have had them in that tank with all the rocks for about 2 years now. every once in a while someone will bust some scales on the rocks. but its actually been a fairly mellow tank. the only issue i ever had was the first C. Caeruleus i ever owned must have freaked one day while i was at work and knocked a piece of slate onto himself right behind the gills. he was dead when i got home, it was my fault though - the slate was in a bad spot and not wedged in well. but other than that its been great.

JamesRiggs

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Apr 15, 2008
Huntsville,AL
Guess its my turn to show some of my stuff.....Some of my fish were completely un-cooperative tonight so I will only post part of my stock.

F1 Tropheus sp Molrio

F1 Tropheus Duboisi Kigoma

WC Altolamprologus Compressiceps Karago (Orange morph)

F1 Altolamprologus Compressiceps Firefin

F1 Eretmodus sp. Cyanostictus Kigoma Red

F1 Julidochromis marlieri Breeding Pair

More shots available when they all decide to cooperate!

ikevi

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Nov 19, 2006
Oregon
orljdmh22;2368879; said:
i have had them in that tank with all the rocks for about 2 years now. every once in a while someone will bust some scales on the rocks. but its actually been a fairly mellow tank. the only issue i ever had was the first C. Caeruleus i ever owned must have freaked one day while i was at work and knocked a piece of slate onto himself right behind the gills. he was dead when i got home, it was my fault though - the slate was in a bad spot and not wedged in well. but other than that its been great.

That is a really good record. Heck I lost 1 fish from wedging himself into a rock, then I have had 3 hurt there eyes. (1 eventually blinded both his eyes.)

BTW, while on Monsterfishkeepers I am doing a measurement at NIST that has never been done in the world. (Well at least on a STM).

Red Devil

Staff member
MFK Member
Feb 23, 2006
United states of America
mahemaheman85;2370131; said:
those Tropheus Duboisi Kigoma are sweet
i thought the same thoughts when i saw them... all are beautiful but those took my breath away... wow..

Red Devil

Staff member
MFK Member
Feb 23, 2006
United states of America
bikim420_2005;2370710; said:
some of my africans, at least i think they are all africans.
wonderful collection... you have some jewels in the mix...but all the africans are awesome.. :D

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store