Something wrong with my Senegal

moonchild1970

BICHIR BABE
MFK Member
Feb 21, 2008
Spokane, WA
:iagree: Not something you want to mess aorund with.

The sooner you medicate the better chances of the fish surviving it.

I have lost 4 angels to this. Thankfully my husband's other two Angels, just recovered last week. I had to medicate them for a whole month though.

Andri Pogo

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
May 4, 2007
Iceland
bad news, i thought he was getting better but when i woke up this morning he didnt look good :(
was darting all over the tank, spinning in circles and with blood under him...
Dont know if thats some illness or if he got bitten by someone.

Put him in a 100L hospital tank, put a heater in there to raise the temp and salted.
It doesnt look good though.
This is really upsetting because this is my first polypterus.

im trying to put up two videos of the behaviour.

carolines100

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Feb 23, 2008
leeds
Not long left mate some sort off bacteria infection looks like its set in good too . U can try salt and up the temp but sorry to say but think its over for the little guy

beblondie

In Loving Memory
Mar 31, 2005
chicagoland
you get anti-biotics yet?

Andri Pogo

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
May 4, 2007
Iceland
beblondie;1824461; said:
you get anti-biotics yet?
no i didnt go at first cause i was so positive it was just from scratching and he looked normal afterwards. But i will go now in half an hour when the LFS opens. Anything special i should look after? The store i will go to only has Sera. Do you know that brand ? The one for bacterial diseases is Sera baktopur.

Andri Pogo

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
May 4, 2007
Iceland
I treated the hospital tank with Sera Baktopur Direct. "against internal and external bacteria"
it is Nifurpirinol 27.6mg.

"Internal bacterial diseases in ornamental fish can be recognized by bloated bellies with protruding scales and bulging eyes. Other indications are swinging swimming movements, dark coloration, lack of appetite and finally coplete apathy. Even if you recognize the disease relatively late, treatment with sera baktopur direct will help and protect those fish that have not been affected yet."

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store