SteveR's Aquarium Thread

SteveR

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Jul 1, 2008
Scotland
hfs3;4198123; said:
when can we expect some more pics of those clowns? id sure love to see em
Hey thanks! Welcome too! I'm gonna stick some cucumber in so will get pics of them then.:headbang2

elisuwe

Candiru
MFK Member
Apr 29, 2010
england, wiltshire
I had 9 but lost 6 when i was moving the tank so now left with 3 :p but clown loaches are awsome

SteveR

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Jul 1, 2008
Scotland
More pics this weekend following strut brace disaster that happened last night. Tank has been repaired and waiting to fill it. See General Discussion forum.

Scorpio69

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jul 23, 2010
Suffolk County, NY
SteveR;3611020;3611020 said:
More piccies of my Syno Eupterus chilling out on the gravel, and an obscured view of my plec!
I bought a fish that was sold to me as an Upside-down Catfish. It was about 3/4" long & did mainly swim upside down. As it grew it changed dramatically and swims right-side up 70% of the time but likes to hide a lot. This is an awesome fish! I've come to realize that it is in fact a Featherfin Synodontis (Synodontis Eupterus). Is this ever referred to as an upside-down catfish? And can I have more that on in a single tank?

SteveR

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Jul 1, 2008
Scotland
Scorpio69;4314186; said:
I bought a fish that was sold to me as an Upside-down Catfish. It was about 3/4" long & did mainly swim upside down. As it grew it changed dramatically and swims right-side up 70% of the time but likes to hide a lot. This is an awesome fish! I've come to realize that it is in fact a Featherfin Synodontis (Synodontis Eupterus). Is this ever referred to as an upside-down catfish? And can I have more that on in a single tank?
Hi there. It's a syno for sure but not sure if that makes it a eupterus as they don't swim upside down that much, maybe 10-20percent of the time. I had a few diff synos at one point and they where all okay, they had little "fall outs" sometimes but all was cool.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store