SteveR

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Jul 1, 2008
Scotland
fg4608;4178113; said:
Steve,

Nice tank, awesome clowns!

You have me a little discouraged though. I am in the process of getting a 130gal tank ready that I bought used (complete glass disassembly & re-build, but that's another story...). Any way, I currently have 6 Bala Sharks which I was planning on increasing to 12 and then add a 6 clowns as well. I really do not want to get rid of the Balas since I have them already. Do you think it would help if I turned the numbers around and went with 12 clowns and 6 balas? My tank will also be planted with plenty of driftwood and probably a diy 3D background in which I can incorporate hiding places etc...
Or is it just a moot subject regardless?

Thanks Beforehand!
Hey thanks for looking and thanks for your kind words! I think your idea of switching the numbers round sounds best, 12 clowns and 6 balas. I've noticed that when you get more than 10 clowns they really start to come into their own. Don't believe the LFS saying 3 minimum! Balas grow slowly though also so it will work, plus you have a big big tank which will further even the playing field. Your idea sounds awesome, please post back here when you get going and give us pics!:headbang2

I'd also say "your mileage may vary", even though it didn't work for me, doesn't mean it won't for you. The bigger thank and more clowns is a definate goer! I think your idea is awesome, as balas are more at home in a bigger tank, and less skittish.

Pics!

Satan's Goldfish

Cloven-hoofed Sea Monkey
MFK Member
Nov 2, 2008
Carterton, Oxfordshire
Getting deja vu looking at this thread, think I may have looked at this tank before. Great looking tank tho mate, love the stock. You know you want 9 more loaches tho......oh, and 3 Tinfoils and 2 Lemon Fin Barbs I also have going.......;):ROFL:

SteveR

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Jul 1, 2008
Scotland
Satan's Goldfish;4183351; said:
Getting deja vu looking at this thread, think I may have looked at this tank before. Great looking tank tho mate, love the stock. You know you want 9 more loaches tho......oh, and 3 Tinfoils and 2 Lemon Fin Barbs I also have going.......;):ROFL:
LMAO how big are these loaches?

You have lemons? Man they must be huge now!:headbang2

SteveR

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Jul 1, 2008
Scotland
12 Volt Man;4197760; said:
how is your flagtail doing?
Doesn't look any different to be honest, it's been like this probably at least 2 weeks now. Can you check out my thread in the freshwater disease section?

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store