headbanger_jib

Doomsday Device
Staff member
Global Moderator
MFK Member
Nov 12, 2007
india
SteveR;3574380; said:
Hey, not spotted any alpha yet - they are still small perhaps in time will happen. At the moment the flagtail seems to be their boss, he chases them if they annoy him, quite funy and no one comes to harm.
i have been to the natural habitat of the filamentosa barbs and what u have done in ur tank, quite very well resembles the habitat

SteveR

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Jul 1, 2008
Scotland
headbanger_jib;3575783; said:
i have been to the natural habitat of the filamentosa barbs and what u have done in ur tank, quite very well resembles the habitat
Thanks for saying! I think it is important to "try" and cater for the fishes natural environment.

It can be difficult.

For example I have a flagtail (amazonian), plec (also amazonian), Clowns (which are thailand/india aren't they), Syno catifhs (which are probably the river Nile). But I think the combination of fish I have work - I don't necessarily think we need to keep "only fish from this river or that river" in a tank etc. Species tanks are cool I think; albeit a little boring to me - e.g. a tank of piranhas or cichlids? I don't know something about it just doesn't grab me.:)

headbanger_jib

Doomsday Device
Staff member
Global Moderator
MFK Member
Nov 12, 2007
india
now what that tank needs is a few a etroplus canarensis

SteveR

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Jul 1, 2008
Scotland
Death Pony;3574968; said:
Filament barbs! I've started to become rather fond of them.
They are better as they age. Check out 12 volt man's his are getting awesome colours now.:headbang2

SteveR

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Jul 1, 2008
Scotland
headbanger_jib;3576597; said:
now what that tank needs is a few a etroplus canarensis
Must admit I had to google that. Odd looking fish! Trouble is I am definately overstocked if I consider adult size so I am not adding a single fish (its hard to resist as I do feel like I am on drugs in a fish store awaiting my next hit!):ROFL:

doubledragon

The House Of Endlie
MFK Member
Nov 19, 2006
ohio
Really like the loaches as the centerpiece. All the other fish look great to.

k0y0te

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Jun 8, 2009
Florida
www.myspace.com
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store