THE DEAD FISH THREAD!!!!!

woofy

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
May 2, 2007
Miami
The only pics of dead fish i have were from a customer who had a doa from me thansk to good ol ups. The box made it with a 2" hole going right through the box.:cry: :swear: Yeah never again. So here are the female jd's before and after.

BEFORE

AFTER

The damage to the box caused a leak that let all air out and 2" of water.

tankyou

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jan 9, 2007
TEXAS
:( One of my small arowana (13" or so)lept to his death sometime today:(
He was one of my best buds, he would allow me to touch him, feed him by hand and everything. He somehow went through a small opening where my filter lines go through the rear part of the canopy. I have now covered that part to protect my other silver and my black that are in the same tank as this guy was. I didn;t notice until about 10 minutes ago, and it was already gone. RIP, lil buddy.
Never thought I would use this emoticon....:cry:

P5040764.JPG

P5040765.JPG

Derf

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jan 21, 2007
Illinois, near chicago
I don't have any pics of my dead fish, or do I keep them after they die. But after seeing this thread I think I will start keeping some. The biggest thing I ever lost, which is pretty pathetic compared to everything else in this thread, was a 6" tire track eel after it had a seizure. :confused: And another thing that I've always wondered. What happens at aquariums or really rich people's houses when they have something huge like a full grown arapaima or a nurse shark and it dies. Guess you'd need one big ass net to get that out!

necrocanis

Catfish God
Staff member
MFK Member
Oct 10, 2005
montana
Hey everyone, Wonder how I never stumbled on this thread before? Well I too have suffered some losses in the past year. Sad when our fish dies. As for everyone that wonders what everyone keeps their dead fish for!!! Maybe they have another hobby/passion like mine. I articulate fish skeletons for my home museum. I place them in taxonomic order according to their classification. I hope to one day work for a museum/zoo/aquarium, and work on fish anatomy exclusively. Working on freshwater biology first. I currently am working on several large catfish skeletons, and have several more in the works. I have a total of about 400 different species of animals. Skulls, skeletons, bones, teeth, ect. I also have an insect collection. Just locals on the insects, but fish and other animals from all over the world. I have been doing this since I was 12 years old. So about 13 years now. I will post some pics on here when I get home from work for everyone to look at. I think I posted some on here before I'll try to find them and add them to this post. I have thought for sometime about opening a thread about fish anatomy to show everyone the inner workings of their beloved fish. If anyone is interested in donating fish for me to do the skeletons of please feel free to pm me. I mostly do catfish, but will do any species, so long as it is not too small. There are hundreds of bones in most fish skulls alone. I completely disarticulate the skulls/skeletons, clean, degrease, whiten, and re-articulated them in a life-like manner. Hope everyone likes the pics. The ones I am putting up are of a marble catfish, and a rainbow trout. Leiarius longibarbus, and Onrhyncos mykiss, excuse me if I misspelled the rainbow's scientific name.

p.s. I have many more pics that are better than these, just I am at work, and don't have access to my files. These are from another forum I post on.

967e.jpg

4503.jpg

Steve_89

NISMO
MFK Member
Mar 30, 2005
?
I hate this thread :(

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store