montana
Sorry for your loss.

wayne the pain

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Apr 3, 2005
Manchester, UK
necrocanis;913204; said:
Hey everyone, Wonder how I never stumbled on this thread before? Well I too have suffered some losses in the past year. Sad when our fish dies. As for everyone that wonders what everyone keeps their dead fish for!!! Maybe they have another hobby/passion like mine. I articulate fish skeletons for my home museum. I place them in taxonomic order according to their classification. I hope to one day work for a museum/zoo/aquarium, and work on fish anatomy exclusively. Working on freshwater biology first. I currently am working on several large catfish skeletons, and have several more in the works. I have a total of about 400 different species of animals. Skulls, skeletons, bones, teeth, ect. I also have an insect collection. Just locals on the insects, but fish and other animals from all over the world. I have been doing this since I was 12 years old. So about 13 years now. I will post some pics on here when I get home from work for everyone to look at. I think I posted some on here before I'll try to find them and add them to this post. I have thought for sometime about opening a thread about fish anatomy to show everyone the inner workings of their beloved fish. If anyone is interested in donating fish for me to do the skeletons of please feel free to pm me. I mostly do catfish, but will do any species, so long as it is not too small. There are hundreds of bones in most fish skulls alone. I completely disarticulate the skulls/skeletons, clean, degrease, whiten, and re-articulated them in a life-like manner. Hope everyone likes the pics. The ones I am putting up are of a marble catfish, and a rainbow trout. Leiarius longibarbus, and Onrhyncos mykiss, excuse me if I misspelled the rainbow's scientific name.

p.s. I have many more pics that are better than these, just I am at work, and don't have access to my files. These are from another forum I post on.
Hey Neo i would like to see more of those, post some more. :)

necrocanis

Catfish God
Staff member
MFK Member
Oct 10, 2005
montana
don't worry when I am at home today, I will dig up tons of pics to put on here.

Fishyfan

Gambusia
MFK Member
Jun 30, 2006
CA
REDKID!!!;863046; said:
to big to fit down the great water way to fish heaven
What about throwing it in the trash can? or burying it? Why would you want a dead fish in your freezer? are you guys waiting until we have the technology to bring the dead back to life? :D

kpicht

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Sep 9, 2006
Somewhere
This is my male white convict:(....He died 3 days ago, he was the biggest convict I've ever had :(....he's in the freezer too ....and now his little brother is dating with his girl :S....

necrocanis

Catfish God
Staff member
MFK Member
Oct 10, 2005
montana
why throw it away when you can study it and articulate it's skeleton. That's what I do with my dead fish and anyone who wants to give me some Feel free to pm once again lol. Here's a few pics. I promise to honor the memory of my fallen pets, and your's too. Hope that I can help someone learn something about their pets they didn't know before. Bring on the questions!!!:headbang2

Ictalurus punctatus.jpg

Auchenipticthys thorcatus.jpg

new house fish 075.jpg

new house fish 136.jpg

new house fish 406.jpg

new house fish 287.jpg

sorubimicthys planiceps.jpg

polydicits olivarus.jpg

yehaw 219.jpg

yay 161.jpg

Reactions: agikated
zoomed.com