THE DEAD FISH THREAD!!!!!

iamzrad

Candiru
MFK Member
Dec 15, 2008
Southern Penn
Metriaclima lombardoi

My 75gal got ick several weeks, and this guy did not make it. No other deaths.
Not sure why, she was the healthiest and strongest fish in the tank, swam like there was no tomorrow.
Came home one night, fed the tank, and found her laying upside in the back of the tank.
:(

*Might be a racy question, but how do you guys dispose of dead fish?
When my piranha's died several years ago, I put them in ziplock bags and burried them in my back yard in a box.

heatherbeast

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Jan 3, 2009
Atlanta, GA
heatherbeast.deviantart.com
I feel kinda morbid because this wound up being the first thread I came to after joining up. Knowing the time, effort, and money put into some of these fellas makes me cringe. But I also think it's wonderful that you cared enough to preserve the fish by photography, and in some cases beyond!

sour_girl

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jan 13, 2006
Toronto
My JD went crazy and killed my Polleni last week.. this is whats left of it.. :cry::(:(

002.JPG

Now I am worried JD's going to kill my Oscars... we may have to trade him in... :(

DudeInSI

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jan 7, 2009
New York
I had a 5.99 pleco die on me yesterday it was like 8 inches... I returned it for a butterfly pleco but like 1/5 the size

martious

Feeder Fish
Dec 2, 2008
central coast
hi this is complety unrealated but i need awsers fast I have a 4ft tank with 2 large silver dollar 2, small silver dollar, 2 silver sharks, 1 angel fish, 2 rainbowfish, 2 yoyo loaches, 5 kuhi loaches, 2 guppies, had 3 paradise fish, and 2 very large sucker fish, 1 red eye tetera, and 2 blackwidow tetras. a strange mix i now but its workin. anyways my problem is this I have recenty lost 2 guppies no big woop but 2 days later one of my female paradise fish died in same time frame, not that weird exept my touchy fish are just fine and my hardy fish are dropin any ideas on whats happinin would be much appreciated asap plz send replys to "martious666@hotmail.com"

Docsoldlady

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jan 6, 2009
NH
My first beta, SUSHI

Just got these knight gobies in the pic, the only halfway decent pic I got too. Jerk at the petstore only gave me 1/2 credit because I had left my water sample in the cold truck by mistake.

Had two. The one who had the nip in his fin died. :(

Also lost the bigger one of these guys :(

This was just a yummy meal...or maybe that is what happend to all them breeder crayfish MUHAHAHAHA

ctoychik

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Aug 4, 2008
LAOS
www.monsterfishkeepers.com
I feel that i should add my lost paimas to the thread. These are the pix of the two dead paimas. I did not have the heart to take the photo of the third. ...now no paimas.

16.8C is just too low for paimas.... i do not know how my neighbor does with his without heater all these years

i had them since Spring last year since juvi size. Those tiles are 40cm long. Talking about explosive growth!

DSC04811.JPG

DSC04804.JPG

DSC04802.JPG

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store