THE DEAD FISH THREAD!!!!!

Morledzep

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Apr 26, 2007
where my cichla are
Trajedy struck today.. last night i fed all of the fish in ALL of the tanks freshly thawed tilapia fillets, that they have eaten many times. this is so freshly thawed that there were still ice crystals in the fish as i cut them up.

my 24" RTC ate the majority of a whole tilapia fillet. earlier yesterday afternoon i did a 30% water change in her tank. and i had changed NOTHING except that i removed a foam filter that was NOT running.

when i left here at about 3:30 to go to Infinite Aquatics, they were fine, Lucy the RTC even stopped up at the top of the tank for me to pet her as i was leaving. after i went to see Richard i stopped at costco to get some groceries. and when i came home less than 4 hours after i left, both of my big catfish, my RTC and my TSN were upside down and dead in a nasty cloudy stinky tank.

we removed the fish and started cleaning the tank, we found the source was all the pieces of tilapia that Lucy ate yesterday. apparently she vomitted her food and fouled her tank and died as a result. She has done this before, and we've come close to losing them before. but she's never waited 24 hours after she ate to do it, she usually vomits, if she's going to, within 4 or 5 hours.

i didn't take pics.. looking at them dead was hard enough.

chefjamesscott

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Jul 16, 2008
regina saskatchewan canada
well I needed to rehome a couple of green terrors and struck up a trade for some jack dempsy from the lfs. came in the next morning and one of them must have peeved off my pacu cause this is what I found next day!

there were 3 jacks with nice spangling now there are 2 lololol, I don't know much about dempsies but these looked to have more spanling than my others and they were getting a smack up in the display tank from red terror so I felt to rehome them and ended up feedin one to the pacu

ErikFromNJ

Gambusia
MFK Member
Feb 23, 2009
Maywood, NJ
TeFalta;3194561; said:
I have no pics but R.I.P to my two 21" pacus that my dad and family ate while i was gone on vacation.

:WTF::WTF::WTF:

SpeshulEd

Fire Eel
MFK Member

loki579

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jun 6, 2009
Essex, UK
www.youtube.com
New on here but been a MFk for a while, sorry for all the losses and over the years RIP to;

2 x 12" Mbu Puffers - Named Cosmo & Jethro
1 x 18" Irredescent Shark
1 x 12" Irredescent Shark - Named Jebus
1 x 6" Albino Irredescent Shark - Named Fat Tony
1 x 14" Aba Aba - Named Fernando
1 x 12" Silver Shark - Named Spam
1 x 8" Fire Eel - Named Cash
1 x 12" Jardini Arowana - Named Trap Door
2 x 14" RTC x Shovel Nose - Named Sam & Dave
1 x 12" Tulip Eel - Named Jimmy
1 x 18" Mooray Eel - Named Dio
1 x 12" Rubber Eel & Babies

Plus many other little ones before the MFKing started. most were natural and some life experience's, Disease but none the less RIP to them ALL

angelo21

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Oct 25, 2008
At my house...
Dude that sucks!!!! what happened???

peathenster;3198243; said:
Thought I'd contribute...

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store