THE DEAD FISH THREAD!!!!!

girl_interrupted

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Apr 14, 2009
So Cal
www.myspace.com
I had already posted this in a "lessons learned" section but here goes....

Lady Sphinx

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Mar 23, 2009
South Africa, Johannesburg
Have you guys ever thought of unexplainable death that could have happend due to heart attacks liver disease kidney disease or even a stroke I've heard of other pets die of stroke and heart attack , my dog had a heart attack at the age of 7 human yrs

chefjamesscott

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Jul 16, 2008
regina saskatchewan canada
well on monday night of this week I decided to pull apart my 55g johani tank the water did not smell right when I did the wc on friday and I was sort of suspicious but all looked well with the fish. I also wanted to pull it apart to see if there were any babies who had survived the buffet onslaught.

So the very first rock I pulled out looked like this on the bottom on the top it was hunky dory but on the bottom oh my goodness, there were actually 2 of them like this.

When I lifted up the second rock this is what floated up

it looked like it had gotten trapped under a rock as it shifted. the males in this tank are always moving sand and the rocks always move and shift. I pulled a 60% wc right there and a 50% wc 2 days later and will be doing a 50% tonight.

I redid the tank by putting rocks under the sand for a foundation so stop the rocks from moving and put in 3 pieces of wood to stop them from moving

dingoofus

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Apr 19, 2009
Bundy, Queensland, Australia
I don't have any pics, but a few months back I got a sooty grunter from the pet shop, I put him in my tank, but he didnt get on with the other fish, so I took him back to the shop. Every time I went back to the shop the sooty was always there, looking at me, I felt guilty everytime I went to that shop and saw him there in the little tank, he had a big tank at my place and now he was back in this little one, I felt like I built him up, and gave him a big tank and stuff, only to take it away, so I took him back. I couldn't handle the guilt anymore, so I bought him again and put him in a small tank until I could get him his own bigger one but I put him in the water too fast, and he musta got shocked, because in about 5 minutes he carked it 8(. So then I felt guilty because if I hadn't of got him again and put him in the tank he'd still be alive. I felt really really guilty. Poor little bugger 8(

ErikFromNJ

Gambusia
MFK Member
Feb 23, 2009
Maywood, NJ
EBJD :cry::cry::cry:

Lupin

Viviendo la vida loca!
MFK Member
whereaminow?;3069607; said:
Was out of town for the weekend and came home to find all my goldfish had a terrible case of ick. Lost my everything in the tank...

I'm really bummed, one of my favorite fish was my big pom pom oranda.

R.I.P. Stuish :cry:
Stuish is such a lovely creature. I am sure you've taken quite good care of it.:)

Gr8KarmaSF

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MFK Member
Jul 23, 2005
Quarantine Tank
Sorry boys!

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store