THE DEAD FISH THREAD!!!!!

chefjamesscott

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Jul 16, 2008
regina saskatchewan canada
so my lfs dude had 2 of these, was not so sure that I should take the weaker of the two but I thought worth a try, this one was seeming to come around but apparently not fast enough. Came in the next morning to find this

apparently the feeder minnnows put out a hit and one of my other fish took the contract

his buddy an him in better days

and here is another fatality most recently got this one from a petland to grow out for the museum tank, again they were not to certain of its strength because it had just finished a nasty ick battle in their tank but had none when I bought it, it lasted 3 days and then passed, my water sample came back pristine so they credited me and will have more in for me in a bit

I am sort of a sucker for a challenge fish from a petstore when I see them dont usually lose them but hey death happens

girl_interrupted

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Apr 14, 2009
So Cal
www.myspace.com
Lady Sphinx;3094743; said:
Have you guys ever thought of unexplainable death that could have happend due to heart attacks liver disease kidney disease or even a stroke I've heard of other pets die of stroke and heart attack , my dog had a heart attack at the age of 7 human yrs
Thats true but how will we ever know?

chefjamesscott

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Jul 16, 2008
I have to make a comment here that some people may hate me for. I really could not be bothered to go to that length of detail to see why a fish died.

The way I look at my fish is this whilst they are alive I do my utmost best to care for them, to provide for them, to be the very best fish keeper I can.

Yet, on the same note if some of them die, it ceases to be a high priority for me to really care to much. After all they are just fish. Very much to be prized, enjoyed and loved while they are alive! Very much not to be treated as anything more than what they are when they die, surely missed but not much more than that after all they are just fish who in all reality would probably have eaten us if we were the right size to fit in their mouth.

coeus

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Apr 12, 2009
maryland
chefjamesscott;3115706; said:
I have to make a comment here that some people may hate me for. I really could not be bothered to go to that length of detail to see why a fish died.

The way I look at my fish is this whilst they are alive I do my utmost best to care for them, to provide for them, to be the very best fish keeper I can.

Yet, on the same note if some of them die, it ceases to be a high priority for me to really care to much. After all they are just fish. Very much to be prized, enjoyed and loved while they are alive! Very much not to be treated as anything more than what they are when they die, surely missed but not much more than that after all they are just fish who in all reality would probably have eaten us if we were the right size to fit in their mouth.
im then you arent doing your utmost to take care of them because you arent trying to figure out why they died to prevent it in the future

Jeox

" I got monkeys in me! "
MFK Member
Feb 28, 2006
JUst lost a foot long ropefish. :(
Plated lizard conducted the burial rites.

chefjamesscott

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Jul 16, 2008
coeus;3119353; said:
im then you arent doing your utmost to take care of them because you arent trying to figure out why they died to prevent it in the future
LETS KEEP THIS IN CONTEXT LOOK AT THE POST ABOVE MINE AND SEE THE CONTEXT OF MY STATEMENT

If I need to go to the end of performing an autopsy to see if my fish died from either heart or liver failure or anything like that THEN I NEED TO STOP BEING ANAL RETENTIVE IN MY FISH KEEPING and just enjoy them.

I can tell you very clearly why my fish die in most cases take rocky the red zebra a bad ass kenyi who went through 8 tanks to end up in my 300g and still he thought he could rule the roost ended up getting eaten by his tank mates. I am pretty sure I know how he died.

Hmmmm the ones I found dried on the floor I am pretty sure they jumped ship. The sickly rope fish I picked up recently and brought here had a lowered immune system from a serious ick battle at the store and it dies not more than 3 days after coming here I am pretty sure how it died as is the store employee.

Or how about the 3 inch tiger shovelnose baby I just lost who had his back bit in half pretty obvious how he died.

I for one dont need to open up a CSI investigation site for my fish when they die. Suffice it to say that fish die and also the more tanks you have the more likelihood that you will have fish die. Personally I am running 19tanks ranging from 45g to 300g and to those I do weekly 50% waterchanges, some of the bigger tanks get 2x wc per week so I would say that this combined with the types of food I feed my fish says I am doing my utmost to take care of them.

Simply because I really dont care to go into great details to try and find out if they have died from usual causes of death in mankind does not mean I lack in my care of my fish thank you very much

harvs95

Candiru
MFK Member
Dec 26, 2008
A, A
GOODBYE....TO MY 6 INCH CHINA HI FIN SHARK....NEVER REALLY NAMED HIM/HER...HAD A REALLY GREAT "EYESPOT" ON ITS DORSAL...NOT OFTEN SEEN IN SPECIMENS..

RIP HI FIN...

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store