THE DEAD FISH THREAD!!!!!

chefjamesscott

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Jul 16, 2008
regina saskatchewan canada
I have a different sense of humour and this joke came to me as I was thinking of this thread.

I will give the first part here and see if anyone can get the answer.

?

WHAT DID THE DYING FISH SAY TO ITS HEALTHY TANK MATES ON IT'S DEATH BED?????

stevenrox

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Nov 11, 2008
I AM LEGEND!
chefjamesscott;3306908; said:
I have a different sense of humour and this joke came to me as I was thinking of this thread.

I will give the first part here and see if anyone can get the answer.

?

WHAT DID THE DYING FISH SAY TO ITS HEALTHY TANK MATES ON IT'S DEATH BED?????
THIS THREAD IS DEAD!!!!

jk41589

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Dec 11, 2008
philippines
I lost a hornless FH 2 weeks ago. It was 12-14". Sucks when i lose fish... I also lost an 8yr old oscar when he bailed from pond about a month ago... I didn't take any pic coz i was too sad.

Sorry for the losses everyone. This is part of fishkeeping.

kevbc03

Piranha
MFK Member
Oct 12, 2008
Cleveland
About 2.5 years ago, I lost my shoal of red belly piranhas due to a power outage while on vacation :(

2 days after I got back, I buried all 8 of them in my backyard, went to the LFS and bought 6 juvy red belly piranhas and they've been with me ever since.

I feel for everyone's losses.

chefjamesscott

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Jul 16, 2008
regina saskatchewan canada
well in all my tanks that I have kept I have never done an overflow sumped tank, so, I set up a 180g with a 50g rubbermade sump. Initially I had about 15 fish that went over the overflow with some of them actually making to media basket and a few minnnows through to the sump. So I followed the advice posted on my thread and rigged up eggcrate as a way to keep fish out. I came back today and about 20 or so dead fish in the tank and sump. I did a 80% wc and will do another tomorrow moral of the story for me no fish under 7 inches in a big overflowed tank. I thought I could put my growouts in here but have come to see that big pumped overflows are only for big fish. I am amazed at what kind of fish can fit through egg crate when caught in the current.

So now since I can't put the growouts in any of my other tanks I added a 10inch aro, 10 inch tiger shovel, 2 knife 7 & 12 inch, so it should be about 2 days till all the little guys are gone at least their deaths won't go to messing up the water quality.

gzeiger

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Mar 25, 2009
SC
DEvinshteyn;3049087; said:
Hey I got a funny story for you! I had a 5-gallon tank in which i kept a sunny and a loach. I am retarded so i fed the sunny and loach only flakes. My sunny died and i went on summer vacation for 2 months. I turned off thee filter and completely ignored the tank. 75% of the water evaporated and when i came back the loach was still alive and perfectly healthy. CAN ANYONE EXPLAIN THIS TO ME!?!?!?!
I'm afraid the only explanation I can come up with is that you are a jackass.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store