The white and smooth Florida gar platinum

k0y0te

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Jun 8, 2009
Florida
www.myspace.com
hi buddy ..
How do you think about My Florida gar platinum ?
This 4-inch fish
View attachment 694294View attachment 694295

Video :
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ao-FQNIzsm4

Thx B4
Really 4inch?? its just as wide as the tank. The tanks way too small. Are you going to put it in a bigger tank?? Look at the green algae on the walls and the brown dirty crap on the floor. You say thats clean??? i dont think so.

If the wall are that dirty, how clean do you really think the water is??? Dirty water causes huge algae outbreaks. IMO i think this fish needs more room with a cleaner tank.

bosanova

Gambusia
MFK Member
Apr 6, 2011
new york
no one said you couldn't have your own opinion...that's what a forum is all about. you should, however, be ready to take criticism of your opinion if you post in open forum. people can feel free to make comments about my posts as they choose (and many have done so in the past). i also don't venture out of the gar forum much since i don't keep much else these days, and like Richard, most of my fish are not pets but serve research purposes. hence a lot of our opinions, criticisms, and passion about garkeeping show up here.

that being said, here is your original post quoted:

"Plain glass box, dirty, looks too small.
Not MY idea of decent housing for a pet!"

if it's not your idea of decent housing for a pet, doesn't that imply that you think it is bad fishkeeping? or do you think indecent housing is not reflective of bad fishkeeping (in your opinion)? and no one "shot you down" - you had your own views on what a platinum gar is, and i merely pointed out the variations in what is generally considered platinum among gars as it often differs from other fishes.

you keep ganoid-clad bichirs, i would suggest developing a similarly thick skin for the gar forum as well :) --
--solomon
omg, you surely know how to keep no prisoners in an enviable format

Madding

The Ninth Holostei
MFK Member
May 11, 2009
New York
I think the gar looks neat, if compliments are worth anything at this point. :)

WckedMidas

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Mar 31, 2005
BODYMORE MD
Nice fish. Ignore there coments. Just whipe the glass down. And be ready for larger tank when it gets bigger.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store