Vine snake

snakeguy101

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Jun 29, 2009
posting bail
I think an old friend of mine has a vine snake that is eating f/t fuzzies for sale, I will see if he still has it available if you want.

EDIT: he still has it and is asking $50 for the snake and an extra $20 if you want the cage to go with it. PM me if you are interested.

Lepisosteus platyrhincus

Polypterus
MFK Member
Nov 9, 2008
In the caiman den
really? heh heh
pics plz?
age of the snake?
pics of the enclosure too?

Lepisosteus platyrhincus

Polypterus
MFK Member
Nov 9, 2008
In the caiman den
oh and VF if u were tlakin about the vine snakes bein at TFP at the meet, then they have had those for a long time. they arnt for sale :(

Vicious_Fish

Here fishy fishy fishy...
MFK Member
Mar 9, 2007
South Central...
Lepisosteus platyrhincus;4193783; said:
oh and VF if u were tlakin about the vine snakes bein at TFP at the meet, then they have had those for a long time. they arnt for sale :(
You're right, the display tank near the register has a pair of them that are not for sale but across from that the cages that have chameleons in them had one or two of those for sale too.

chloe

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Apr 16, 2008
portsmouth/southampton/crawley, UK
gooorgeous snakes!
not seen any over here for sale...so im now on a mission lol

Lepisosteus platyrhincus

Polypterus
MFK Member
Nov 9, 2008
In the caiman den
Vicious_Fish;4193942; said:
You're right, the display tank near the register has a pair of them that are not for sale but across from that the cages that have chameleons in them had one or two of those for sale too.
really?? awesome!!! i didnt think they sold venom at the store(yes i know this snake is barely venomous but it does have a very very very mild venom)

and chloe, find one!! the only issue appears to be all are wild caught(so u have initial parasites to worry about) and difficult to get them to eat mice. they like lizards and rarely small birds. it is possible to get them to eat mice though

chloe

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Apr 16, 2008
portsmouth/southampton/crawley, UK
Lepisosteus platyrhincus;4194088; said:
really?? awesome!!! i didnt think they sold venom at the store(yes i know this snake is barely venomous but it does have a very very very mild venom)

and chloe, find one!! the only issue appears to be all are wild caught(so u have initial parasites to worry about) and difficult to get them to eat mice. they like lizards and rarely small birds. it is possible to get them to eat mice though
best thing that iv found works to get feeding going is, to put some 'girly toys' on the side and cover rub (if in rub) with a towel.
always works with ball pythons for me.
im sure my bosc wont mind me rubbing pinkies all over him lol

Lepisosteus platyrhincus

Polypterus
MFK Member
Nov 9, 2008
In the caiman den
i hope u can find one.

also to snakeguy, if u could find out the species. either the south american or indonesian ones? thanks man

A. gigas

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Apr 19, 2010
if you do get one, get Ahaetulla prasina, the indo one

if you want to know a funny thing, your first pic is the indo and the second looks like the SA one..:ROFL:

snakeguy101

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Jun 29, 2009
posting bail
here is what I was sent:

He is a late cb 08 asian vine snake hatched around november/december, he is now between 3-4 feet I haven't gotten around to accurately measure him. I have successfully got him eating live pinkies, though he will also still eat anoles. He eats only live prey though. He's $50 alone or $70 with cleaned cage and it's accessories. He is a little cage aggressive, but he is pretty docile when he is out. Though his teeth are to small to even break the skin. He has never given me problems and has never missed a meal, also I've had nothing but full sheds from this snake. He remains unsexed because I don't have small enough equipment to probe him to give an accurate sex, though I believe him to be a male. Let me know if you have anymore questions. Thanks.

103_0655.JPG

103_0656.JPG

103_0751.JPG

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store