Went netting...Australian style

Liam

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Jun 30, 2007
Brisbane - Australia.
BRO!!! where do you net spill the beans man, spill them!

masone

Candiru
MFK Member
Feb 5, 2006
Cairns, Australia
Will try and answer the questions...yes the snakehead gudgeons do well in a big enough tank. These fish will be coming back to Brisbane with me for mine and some friends tanks. Am in Cairns housesitting for my parents while they are overseas for the next few weeks. No fishing today, spent the day wakeboarding and thrashing the jetski up at Tinaroo Dam. Tomorrow am heading down to Harvey Creek for Psuedomugil signifer(Harvey ck variety obviously), Stiphodon gobies and maybe some more snakeheads at another spot where they can be found in decent numbers. More pics tomorrow.

Eric A

Polypterus
MFK Member
Nov 28, 2008
Australia
masone;2587454; said:
Will try and answer the questions...yes the snakehead gudgeons do well in a big enough tank. These fish will be coming back to Brisbane with me for mine and some friends tanks. Am in Cairns housesitting for my parents while they are overseas for the next few weeks. No fishing today, spent the day wakeboarding and thrashing the jetski up at Tinaroo Dam. Tomorrow am heading down to Harvey Creek for Psuedomugil signifer(Harvey ck variety obviously), Stiphodon gobies and maybe some more snakeheads at another spot where they can be found in decent numbers. More pics tomorrow.
Are you bringing any snakeheads back? If so can you get some little ones for me perhaps. (I will pay you of course LOL)

ghengis

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Sep 24, 2008
Cairns, Australia
masone, that stream pic looks suspiciously like Freshwater Creek (although, I know it could be just about any stream in the region...). I'm in Sydney, atm, but will be back home on Saturday... Don't s'pose you'd like to reveal the exact location of that picture?? What size tank would suit the purple spot gudgeons? They look very much like Killi's and I'm looking to restock my 70L with something interesting...

Eric A

Polypterus
MFK Member
Nov 28, 2008
Australia
Your 70 (gal???) would be fine for a pair. They grow to about 17cm and fond of small fish :D A monster fish on a small scale.

masone

Candiru
MFK Member
Feb 5, 2006
Cairns, Australia
Not Freshie though there are some lagoons in the cane paddocks there which are good for really blue ones. PM me when you get back to CNS and I'll let you know where they are a sure thing. Purps get about 5 or so inches, I've actually caught a few on the line with small hooks. Should be fine in a 70. Anyway, went down to Harvey Creek today and collected Psuedomugil signifers then went to my spot for more snakeheads. Got another 5 juvies at 6-7" and also another nice male. Here he is just fitting in an 11" wide fish bag. Oh and a whitelip tree frog that was hanging around the carport last night.

masone

Candiru
MFK Member
Feb 5, 2006
Cairns, Australia
Not chasing any specific fish, just get what I get and if it will work in my tank I'll keep it. Wouldn't mind some small jacks but they are pains to catch and usually found in croc creeks which makes things slightly harder.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store