Went netting...Australian style

Yabbadoo

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Oct 29, 2008
The Dark Side
masone;2587454; said:
Will try and answer the questions...yes the snakehead gudgeons do well in a big enough tank. These fish will be coming back to Brisbane with me for mine and some friends tanks. Am in Cairns housesitting for my parents while they are overseas for the next few weeks. No fishing today, spent the day wakeboarding and thrashing the jetski up at Tinaroo Dam. Tomorrow am heading down to Harvey Creek for Psuedomugil signifer(Harvey ck variety obviously), Stiphodon gobies and maybe some more snakeheads at another spot where they can be found in decent numbers. More pics tomorrow.
Cool. I use to dive to the bottom (Shallows) in Tinaroo Dam & dig thru the Mud for Mussels. They were pretty big. A couple of inches across.
They still got the Flying Fox cable ride thing in the park???

Did you wear stockings/wetsuit when netting or just braved it out???
Use to net around Townsville & Bowen...getting heaps of Box Jellies.....

masone

Candiru
MFK Member
Feb 5, 2006
Cairns, Australia
Was over at Downfall Ck past platypus rock, not sure about the flying fox thing, I assume it's near the dam wall park area on the other side? Not netting or going in the sea, stingers are apparently pretty bad this year and I don't need that sort of grief while on holidays. Not sure what my plans are for today, weather is good atm but they forecast storms later. Whatever happens I will throw up some more pics later in the arvo/evening.

hurricane_redbone

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Feb 5, 2007
Joboland
www.myspace.com
o man thats awesome. U ship?

Ransom

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Aug 1, 2006
Derbyshire / England