Renegade Aquatics

Polypterus
MFK Member
Jun 24, 2016
Everett, WA
Since its going to be crazy hot this weekend, I'm going to try my hand at Bass fishing. Which I've never done, I've caught bass before, but never intentionally fished for them. Even then, the biggest one I ever caught was about a foot long and weighed maybe a pound.

Reactions: Deadliestviper7

divemaster99

Dovii
MFK Member
Jan 10, 2014
Pittsburgh, PA
i'm sure there's a lake or at least a river system near you that has them. wHat state are you in?

just get a Tailor's measure.....you can find them any place that sells sewing supplies, Wal-Mart, Staples, probably high-end clothing stores too like Today's Man, Nordstrom, Neaman-Marcus, etc

I got a digital scale by Berkley from Wal-Mart for $18 recently too, very accurate, up to 50lbs
I'll look in to that. I just picked up a new digital scale too for my Lake Ontario trip, Rapala 50#, hoping for a big Laker that busts it this fall!!! If that happens I might as well move to Canada because I'll be spoiled then haha.

Reactions: Frank Castle

divemaster99

Dovii
MFK Member
Jan 10, 2014
Pittsburgh, PA
Use a 3 or 4 inch swim bait for lakers
Any specific type you use? I catch them trolling using 3.5-6.0" spoons and 8-11" dodgers with S&Gs. Plan on trying casting spoons like Cleos and jerkbaits (X-Raps, etc) this fall too.

Frank Castle

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Jan 10, 2016
Pennsylvannia
Any specific type you use? I catch them trolling using 3.5-6.0" spoons and 8-11" dodgers with S&Gs. Plan on trying casting spoons like Cleos and jerkbaits (X-Raps, etc) this fall too.
check out my fail-safe lures thread and you'll find a lot of stuff in there that will give you great results when trolliing

Deadliestviper7

The Necromancer
MFK Member
Aug 6, 2016
Agree with frank here, some large inline spinners will probably work well, I've never caught lakers I fish to far south most of the time, I recommended swim sits b cuz that's what my friend uses to catch his in canada

Frank Castle

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Jan 10, 2016
Pennsylvannia
a nice reward for standing out in the July sun for 6 hours in the A.M. last month (one of 4 Channels and 5 Flatheads we got that morning), this one was the biggest Channel, a bit over 5lbs, 24" L , 13" G - almost positive she was gravid P predatorkeeper87

untitled (4).png untitled (5).png

one of my 3 Flatheads today, scrawny and dwarfish, this one weighed 11lbs. 12oz, 31.5"L and 18" G followed by another weighing 7lbs. 10oz., 27" L and 16" G and finally just at nightfall another at 6lbs. 9oz., 26"L, 15.5" G....all caught on Creek Chub/Nightcrawler combo (2) and Creek Chub/Hellgrammite combo (1)

untitled (6).png untitled (7).png
I also got a 2 dinks - a 10" Largemouth on a Crawler/Chub combo and a 10" Smallmouth on a free-floating Hellgrammite

Last edited:
Reactions: Renegade Aquatics
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store