Hendre

Bawitius
Staff member
MFK Member
Jan 14, 2016
South Africa
I could crack out my float pole again, i used it to catch small fish in England.

A tried and tested rig here is a running ledger rig, just a sinker, swivel then leader and these cats eat anything, chicken liver, fish and even bread.

ATM i only have 2 rods, a 6ft bass rod (catch everything on this) and a 10ft light rod as well as a float pole. I might ask my dad if we can go stream fishing with floats at somepoint when he isnt working. Or carp fishing, my best is only around 7lbs so i need to break that.

For the tigerfish most fishing is done with soft plastics SUPERGLUED to the hook or hard lures, i could use live or dead bait for the sharptooth if i go east for tigerfish.

Thanks for all the info frank!

Reactions: Frank Castle

ECW

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Sep 11, 2011
Oahu, Hi.
Got us a double digit bonefish. Trophy 11 lb'er. Lost one that may have been bigger... Leader came up 4 times... Every time he just took off like a bullet. After his fourth run I thought it was in the bag. He came to leader and took off once more into a pile of rocks and I could feel him rubbing. Tried to get clear, but he popped off... Maybe next time.

image.jpeg

Frank Castle

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Jan 10, 2016
Pennsylvannia
Got us a double digit bonefish. Trophy 11 lb'er. Lost one that may have been bigger... Leader came up 4 times... Every time he just took off like a bullet. After his fourth run I thought it was in the bag. He came to leader and took off once more into a pile of rocks and I could feel him rubbing. Tried to get clear, but he popped off... Maybe next time.

View attachment 1202417
You can eat Bonefish??? What's that you're cutting with scissors there?

Reactions: ECW

Wailua Boy

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Jan 2, 2015
Hawaii
Lomi lomi oio...

ECW ECW

ECW

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Sep 11, 2011
Oahu, Hi.
You can eat Bonefish??? What's that you're cutting with scissors there?
Definitely! Makes awesome lomi oio (traditional Hawaiian dish) and fish cakes. You can scoop the meat out with a spoon or roll it out with a rolling pin and it comes out like toothpaste. Lol.
I'm cutting bait (squid).

Reactions: Frank Castle

Frank Castle

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Jan 10, 2016
Pennsylvannia
I like to make fish cake and then deep fry it, one of my favorites
Frank Castle Frank Castle
Definitely! Makes awesome lomi oio (traditional Hawaiian dish) and fish cakes. You can scoop the meat out with a spoon or roll it out with a rolling pin and it comes out like toothpaste. Lol.
I'm cutting bait (squid).
I've never been so interested in Hawaiian culture until I joined MFK.....

Took my car for inspection today andmy buddy and I went fishing afterwards, bagged a 12" Smallmouth that hiit a creek chub, only weighed 3/4 of a pound and little Channel cat that weighed 1lb 6oz. Not a great day, but for 2 hours of screwing around it's better than getting skunk'd

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store