Hendre

Bawitius
Staff member
MFK Member
Jan 14, 2016
South Africa
Lol its head must be spinning. :p

This weekend i am going on a canoeing course and i will have some downtime to fish. There are introduced bluegull there and i am wondering if you can catch them on spinnerbaits from shore?

Thekid

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Sep 18, 2014
Land of corn
Lol its head must be spinning. :p

This weekend i am going on a canoeing course and i will have some downtime to fish. There are introduced bluegull there and i am wondering if you can catch them on spinnerbaits from shore?
Beetle spins work great. Try getting grubs or wax worms and you should be in good shape.

Chub_by

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Jan 30, 2012
Europe
Hendre Hendre what are generally some fish in your area that can be caught with rod & reel?

Hendre

Bawitius
Staff member
MFK Member
Jan 14, 2016
South Africa
Hendre Hendre what are generally some fish in your area that can be caught with rod & reel?
Tilapia, carp, sharptooth catfish, bass and bluegill. I am not sure of the other bait fish. Yellowfish may also inhabit the river.

Beetle spins work great. Try getting grubs or wax worms and you should be in good shape.
I will most likely not be able to get my hands on live bait since most fishing shops don't carry it. Ill dig out my spinners tomorrow and see what i have

Reactions: Chub_by

Thekid

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Sep 18, 2014
Land of corn
That'sa nice Channel......but why you using a steel-leader on your spinnerbait?
I was just too lazy to remove it from last night when I was actually going for nicer larger cats.

Thekid

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Sep 18, 2014
Land of corn
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store