How "monster" can I go?

dan518

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Sep 20, 2014
uk
:( I came to my office today to check on my 2 jags and they were on the floor dead... sad sad day. I have lids and the space they had to jump out of was so small I'm just ...
Sorry to hear it, that sucks

jwd

Aimara
MFK Member
Dec 1, 2016
Sorry to hear it, that sucks
Yeah, sucks really bad. Pretty sad about it. Is my cycle dead too? I assume they jumped out yesterday and they were the only tank inhabitants. If I put some shiners in tomorrow will my cycle make it?

dan518

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Sep 20, 2014
uk
Yeah, sucks really bad. Pretty sad about it. Is my cycle dead too? I assume they jumped out yesterday and they were the only tank inhabitants. If I put some shiners in tomorrow will my cycle make it?
Yea should be fine, if your adding fish tomorrow

jwd

Aimara
MFK Member
Dec 1, 2016
Yea should be fine, if your adding fish tomorrow
Thanks for replying. My LFS is closed on Sunday so I can't go grab some shiners to keep up the cycle until I figure out what I'm going to do. I threw some fish food in there.

jwd

Aimara
MFK Member
Dec 1, 2016
Well guys, I got another pair from Jeff. I got them in this morning and they're doing great so far. I learned a lesson and as you can see in the photo I've gone a little overboard with rock on the lid but I'll rest easy knowing these two aren't getting out. I'm keeping the light off until tomorrow and will take some photos then. They've been doing great so far. They swam around a whole lot but now they're hiding. They've stayed very close together since they've been introduced into the tank. They've had a few scuffles as well. Hopefully they'll get along well.

3243243.jpg

jwd

Aimara
MFK Member
Dec 1, 2016
Well, I forgot my camera today but I really wanted to post a couple photos so I took a couple on my phone. They're a little skittish today but swim around every now and then. I tried feeding a few CIchlid gold pellets and swam right past them all morning so I got them out. I'll try again tomorrow and also feed frozen blood worms.
1.jpg 2.jpg

jwd

Aimara
MFK Member
Dec 1, 2016
One seems to be barred but mainly spotted and the other is almost all barred so hopefully they're male and female. Jeff believes they are male and female and there's no one I'd trust more on that than him.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store