just had a first time situation and not sure how to handle it.

thebiggerthebetter

Senior Curator
Staff member
MFK Member
Dec 31, 2009
Naples, FL, USA
My rudimentary assessment forces me to profess that our friend Tig Phish might be suffering from identity crisis. Or maybe he is enjoying it. Either way he is having it.

Close Caption reads Clown Phish, mind you.

Reactions: Woefulrelic

the big kahuna

Aimara
MFK Member
Oct 13, 2007
new york city
Amazing responses, some a little over the top but anyways. I don't in know all the variables myself so I can't comment on them like his acclimation process or his water quality. One thing I do know is the fish though eating well in my tank but was obviously stressed out which could've contributed to his demise. I know the saying nice guys finish last but we're not talking about a fortune 500 company or anything on that level we're talking about refunding someone $40 (half the purchase price). One thing to me that I live by is good karma and though I'm faaaaar from a push over, I'm also no jerk or a-hole unless the situation warrants it and this one doesn't. I try not to mention names here but I remember about 3 years ago another member named Strollo (my boy) delivered a pinima bass to me. Within 24 it died in my tank, Strollo without any conversation or hesitation PayPal me half my purchase price back. I didn't have a conversation with the buyer of the catfish stating he's buying this at his own risk, if I did this would be a no brainer. Moving forward any and every transaction I make in the future, a disclaimer convo will be had. As far as the low prices and great deal, I offered it super low because my bass are out eating most smaller fish so I wanted to move them out. My final decision is to refund the guy half his money. He didn't ask for anything but I'll offer it only because that "disclaimer" conversation didn't take place and 40 won't make or break me or prevent me from paying my mortgage lol

Last edited:

xraycer

Arapaima
MFK Member
Sep 5, 2013
Southern NH USA
Amazing responses, some a little over the top but anyways. I don't in know all the variables myself so I can't comment on them like his acclimation process or his water quality. One thing I do know is the fish though eating well in my tank but was obviously stressed out which could've contributed to his demise. I know the saying nice guys finish last but we're not talking about a fortune 500 company or anything on that level we're talking about refunding someone $40 (half the purchase price). One thing to me that I live by is good karma and though I'm faaaaar from a push over, I'm also no jerk or a-hole unless the situation warrants it and this one doesn't. I try not to mention names here but I remember about 3 years ago another member named Strollo (my boy) delivered a pinima bass to me. Within 24 it died in my tank, Strollo without any conversation or hesitation PayPal me half my purchase price back. I didn't have a conversation with the buyer of the catfish stating he's buying this at his own risk, if I did this would be a no brainer. Moving forward any and every transaction I make in the future, a disclaimer convo will be had. As far as the low prices and great deal, I offered it super low because my bass are out eating most smaller fish so I wanted to move them out. My final decision is to refund the guy half his money. He didn't ask for anything but I'll offer it only because that "disclaimer" conversation didn't take place and 40 won't make or break me or prevent me from paying my mortgage lol
I don't feel it was ever about the money from people who responded, it was about being had. I like your response and philosophy, so if you feel right about your decision....solid!

the big kahuna

Aimara
MFK Member
Oct 13, 2007
new york city
I don't feel it was ever about the money from people who responded, it was about being had. I like your response and philosophy, so if you feel right about your decision....solid!

Appreciated

thebiggerthebetter

Senior Curator
Staff member
MFK Member
Dec 31, 2009
Naples, FL, USA
Cudos for you, matey! Both you and the buyer appear to be good-natured, humble, considerate, easy people. The kind one wants to be friends with.

FunWow!

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Jul 30, 2008
Rhode Island
Sold a lince cat once. Healthy swimming fine in my tank doing great. Mint condition but with only a 15min ride and with some temp shock due to different water well that was enough to kill it. Once it leaves your possession it's no longer yours and its up to the buyer to have everything ready on his part to transport it to its new home. Purging fish for transport, aeration, Insulated coolers so water temp stays steady and good water in it is on seller. Buyer needs to have aeration, insulated cooler, extra water for transport wouldn't hurt if he needs it, good tank water etc. plus certain fish just don't transport well and buyers should do their homework on them and know what could happen. Bottom line.... No refund if fish looks healthy on the buy. If sickly then it's another story. I've done plenty of long distance buys up to 47 hour trips and even my longest distance buys never had problems cause all these things were planned right.

StIcKy~RiCe

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
May 24, 2005
~ Laos ~
damn bro is this the juru you got from me? He is a monster and will eat very thing.

I have similar situation where i bought a tig for my friend with my own money up front first. The seller put it in a bag, i drove half way home and it died in the bag. I didnt get any refund or get any money from my friend either. so It was my lost.

suck bro

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store