My new favorite tank. Courtesy of Rare Fish

moe214

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Oct 13, 2014
Awesome DB, and what kind of catfish is that, I've been trying to research them out of curiosity, they look cool lol, and the hoplias family has a lot of work to be done I feel.

DB junkie

Gold Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jan 27, 2007
Iowa
IF you're referring to the cat in the last pic - it's a Lince. I feel bad for the thing as it makes my big tank look really small as much as it swims, but it was a situation where if I passed it may have ended up in something even smaller. Besides, it was probably the only way I'd ever own one -usually too expensive and given my location I'd have to have one shipped and most die in shipping, so when offered one within driving distance for a very reasonable price I decided to just do it and hope he'll be ok till I can get a bigger tank.

Never thought I'd see a fish match the movement of a Dorado, let alone a catfish, but it does so with ease. One of the neatest catfish out there hands down.

Huge thanks to Rich (VLDesign) for making it possible to cross off one of the only catfish on my bucket list......

moe214

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Oct 13, 2014
Yea, thank you, and well that's good that it ended up in your tank, even better that you enjoy it.

DB junkie

Gold Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jan 27, 2007
Iowa

moe214

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Oct 13, 2014
Great update, cudas look like they've gotten huge! Everyone in the 300 still playing nice?

DB junkie

Gold Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jan 27, 2007
Iowa
Great update, cudas look like they've gotten huge! Everyone in the 300 still playing nice?
Thanks! Cudas are definitely filling out. 125's no longer wide enough for them. Time to start thinking about an upgrade.

As far as the 300.... Not sure who keeps shredding the Jar's tail. Been that way since I got him. Thinking it's the Tanzy keeping it trimmed. I'll need to separate the Intermedius (this is what I'm calling the "Green Lac" I received from Ken) pretty soon. Little guy just seems way too intimidated by the Iguazas, he's be happier elsewhere. Tanzy is definitely the alpha in this tank. I'm betting it would be harmony without the Tanzy but then the Jar would likely take over. I wonder if a peacekeeper is in order? Maybe I'll add a few Masheer. I'm sure they'd appreciate some time away from the bigger Tigers.

moe214

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Oct 13, 2014
Lol it's awesome how your mind just wanders with thoughts of new ideas and possibilities of where to place what. Goals lol! And separate the intermedius (onboard with ya lol) if you think that, it'll only benefit him if you're right. I was waiting for him to come up and grab some food when I watched it on YouTube, I figured you posted it so I then came on here lol. But yea, I even tried to look brought the dw for him lol one of the iguazas stood out to me looked a lot like a lac. Seemed larger then the others too. It's the one at 0:20 all the way to the right swimming towards the left.

ShadowStryder

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Apr 4, 2007
Nunya
Always impressed with your stock Al. Love the Poly's. Going to have to talk to Wes about some. Have you kept them with the rays at all. Just wondering if the wohld do OK with them given enough cover.

Is that a Luteus or Chubby I spy in your earlier post?

DB junkie

Gold Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jan 27, 2007
Iowa
Always impressed with your stock Al. Love the Poly's. Going to have to talk to Wes about some. Have you kept them with the rays at all. Just wondering if the wohld do OK with them given enough cover.

Is that a Luteus or Chubby I spy in your earlier post?
Luteus? Chubby? Yeah, I may have gained some weight. So what? What are you trying to say Don???

In all seriousness I have no clue what you're talking about..... No plecos here if that's what you'e asking....

The eels, yes I've kept them with the rays. I seperated cause the eels started acting reclusive - they quit eating from the surface and stayed in thier hides a lot more. Plan to try again once they get bigger. Never had any bites or issues, just really enjoy the eels and didn't want them to get stressed.

PS will get back to your email tonight...... ;)

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store