New Flowerhorn

J0hnny69

Exodon
MFK Member
Jun 4, 2016
Prolly a stupid question but I just wanna ask u guys just incase I'm doing the wrong thing.

So here in Cali during the summer the weather can be pretty hot.
Normally my tank is around 84-86 degrees. (Give or take)
Right now, it's been so hot my tank hit temps around 90-91 degrees.
What I been doing for the past few days (everyday) is around 20-30% water change to bring the temp back to around 86 degrees.
I just use completely cold water (with conditioner) to balance out the hot water in the tank.

Is this ok to do so? If not please recommend me the right way to bring the tank temp down.

Thanks guys!!!

Ihsnshaik

Giant Snakehead
MFK Member
Aug 20, 2015
Windy CIty
Prolly a stupid question but I just wanna ask u guys just incase I'm doing the wrong thing.

So here in Cali during the summer the weather can be pretty hot.
Normally my tank is around 84-86 degrees. (Give or take)
Right now, it's been so hot my tank hit temps around 90-91 degrees.
What I been doing for the past few days (everyday) is around 20-30% water change to bring the temp back to around 86 degrees.
I just use completely cold water (with conditioner) to balance out the hot water in the tank.

Is this ok to do so? If not please recommend me the right way to bring the tank temp down.

Thanks guys!!!
80-82 is best temps for Flowerhorn anything higher is okay for limited time to kill ich and such but in the 90s I would think they would start to die at that temp. Depending how deep your tank is and such.

You must have tons of aeration at that time since oxygen would be depleted at those high temps

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store