peta and fishing

BichirMohawk

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Oct 7, 2016
I grew up fishing with my dad using earthworms as bait. It was fun for us. Does this sound abnormal? People from peta think it's cruel because they believe bugs have rights as well as fish. The royal families of the queen/king of England and other countries do community work so they feel better about themselves being set for life while other people actually have to worry about finding a job on their own to survive in this world. This is basically why the US government and their families joined peta and consider their silver spoon fed job as community work itself when in reality they are a waste of tax payer's money. If tax payers had a choice to give their money to pay the US government and their families' salaries in exchange for their service, they wouldn't pay it.

Half of the people in the US government aka royal family (they proudly call a division of their workers as the "kings men") wouldn't have joined peta or even do community work outside of their job if they were normal people who have to find a job on their own, which proves they don't do it out of the goodness of their heart, they just reassure themselves that joining peta and "working" their silver spoon fed job makes up for being set for life in the royal government family and that they deserve a spot in so called heaven. Also pretty much all the females in peta who are vegetarian are, because they obviously want a slim body and they push their eating choice onto men because they have a underlying resentment towards their ex boyfriend and want to be in control or they are just lesbian and hate penises for some reason. Go do something about the laws of fishing and the rights of bugs instead of spending your time playing dress up and investigating someone's dick.

Last edited:
Reactions: GamerChick5567

Grinch

Peacock Bass
MFK Member
Apr 23, 2014
NJ
You are conflating multiple issues together and the end result is nonsensical drivel.

If you want to talk about animal rights and whether those rights should be extended past humans and onto other species, that's a valid discussion.

Reactions: Jmart159

skjl47

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
May 16, 2011
Tennessee
The royal families of the queen/king of England and other countries do community work so they feel better about themselves being set for life
Half of the people in the US government aka royal family (they proudly call a division of their workers as the "kings men") wouldn't have joined peta or even do community work outside of their job if they were normal people who have to find a job on their own,
Also pretty much all the females in peta who are vegetarian are, because they obviously want a slim body and they push their eating choice onto men because they have a underlying resentment towards their ex boyfriend and want to be in control
they are just lesbian and hate penises for some reason
Hello; Don't be shy express yourself. These are just your opinions of course. I replied to the thread in order to follow it until it is deleted. Me thinks you have opened a can of worms.

By the way the worst thing about fishing with worms for me was when I dropped my chewing gum into the can. Had to dig down to near the bottom. Did'nt taste as good but was still chewy.

Reactions: BichirMohawk

BichirMohawk

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Oct 7, 2016
Psychologically, it doesn't make sense that people will go fishing yet they care about their pet fish as if it were a different living thing than the fish they were dragging by a hook pierced through the fish's mouth/throat, then suffocated to death or descaled/gutted/skinned alive before eating them. It would be equivalent to caring about only some races of humans but not others.

skjl47

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
May 16, 2011
Tennessee
descaled/gutted/skinned alive before eating them.
Hello; back when I was a kid (young male human) I often had the chore of cleaning the fish. I never did like that part but was fascinated that often near the end of the process I could hold the still beating heart in my hand.

I did like eating the fish. Now when I fish I use either barbless hooks or bend down the barb. I like top water fly fishing and use only single hooks. Nearly always catch and release and with the barbless hooks a lot of remote release. Mostly hooks only in the tough lip and fish are released in good shape. If a fish dies and is legal size I still eat them.

BIG-G

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Dec 12, 2005
NC
There's a big difference in going out to catch a fish that you know up front is going to die for the dinner table than one you buy at the LFS for a pet.
I think that is why you treat one different than the other. You assume care for one and the other is just food. Big difference.
But to be fair I have know people that buy a fish knowing it will soon outgrow their tank. When it does, they eat it.
In the end our pets are someone's food fish elsewhere.

Reactions: jaws7777

BichirMohawk

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Oct 7, 2016
Hello; back when I was a kid (young male human) I often had the chore of cleaning the fish. I never did like that part but was fascinated that often near the end of the process I could hold the still beating heart in my hand.

I did like eating the fish. Now when I fish I use either barbless hooks or bend down the barb. I like top water fly fishing and use only single hooks. Nearly always catch and release and with the barbless hooks a lot of remote release. Mostly hooks only in the tough lip and fish are released in good shape. If a fish dies and is legal size I still eat them.
interesting insight. Im pretty sure there are people in peta who think fishing for fun as a sport (catch and release) is cruel and say they want to do it to a human being who does that. They view human beings as the only animal capable of evil. A male lion will kill another male lion for his territory, then kill his cubs, then have sex with his wife. They don't need to kill the cubs to survive. **** peta.

BichirMohawk

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Oct 7, 2016
There's a big difference in going out to catch a fish that you know up front is going to die for the dinner table than one you buy at the LFS for a pet.
I think that is why you treat one different than the other. You assume care for one and the other is just food. Big difference.
But to be fair I have know people that buy a fish knowing it will soon outgrow their tank. When it does, they eat it.
In the end our pets are someone's food fish elsewhere.
People fish for sport (catch and release). Nor are we going to starve if we don't catch that fish for dinner. There's the grocery store.

BIG-G

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Dec 12, 2005
NC
People fish for sport (catch and release).
yes. they do but I was responding to this post.

Psychologically, it doesn't make sense that people will go fishing yet they care about their pet fish as if it were a different living thing than the fish they were dragging by a hook pierced through the fish's mouth/throat, then suffocated to death or descaled/gutted/skinned alive before eating them. It would be equivalent to caring about only some races of humans but not others.
dragging by a hook pierced through the fish's mouth/throat, then suffocated to death or descaled/gutted/skinned alive before eating them.

BichirMohawk

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Oct 7, 2016
yes. they do but I was responding to this post.

dragging by a hook pierced through the fish's mouth/throat, then suffocated to death or descaled/gutted/skinned alive before eating them.
for some people, minus the eating them. peta still thinks it's cruel to go fishing for fun/sport. Also, I have caught a catfish before and tried to keep it as a pet.

Last edited:
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store