what's your worst purchase

DeCASpecOps

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
May 12, 2013
Us
Chinese algae eater. Was great till he sucked the slime off 3 gouramis, 1 bichir, and a 6 inch long Siamese algae eater. Needless to say he went for a swim in the porcelain pond of doom. It was too bad really cause I did kinda like him. Rip Fred.

Evz jardini

Jardini
MFK Member
May 19, 2010
manchester /uk
Jaguar catfish £50 , straight into a cave not seen again untill found dead few weeks later mysterious death

mgmt101

Gambusia
MFK Member
Apr 30, 2013
Orlando
haha i once bought a senagal bichir (3inch) from petsmart for $14
and my largemouth bass (6inch) ate him
soooo dumb

Dark Rose

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Mar 27, 2013
United States
I think my worst purchase is developing currently... Put a Firemouth in with my Haps, Peacocks, and Mbunas, things have been going well for a week... Not so when I got home from work a couple hours ago, something has been nipping the tar out of him, shredded tail and pectoral fins... He's currently hiding out and hanging on. And me with no extra tank for quarantine/protective custody... If he can last another couple days I can throw together a setup for him pretty quick I think...
Added two unidentified Africans half his size today (the two new ones are smallest in the tank by almost half) and they seem to be doing fine...
:(
My experiment in variety may be a failure...

ryeguy28

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Sep 3, 2009
rocky mount,NC
My old Flower Horn one of the first fish i bought. He grew and started killing every thing in my 75 gal So I had to by him his own tank and thin another bigger tank. Next i got tired of a one fish tank so wasted allot of money buying fish twice his size just to watch him kill them in 5 min. Finally I got a large female that he tolerated except once the female was introduced he turned on me. He woldn't let me pet him any more and even took a nickel sized chunk out of my arm when cleaning the tank.
what ? pics or your lying thats crazy

TaratronVaeVictus

Candiru
MFK Member
Sep 17, 2005
Peoria, AZ, USA
How about fish you DIDN'T get and should have? A few Xmases ago Saul Peredes was selling 10 zebra plecos for $1000. I had to wait and save up some spare cash. Next time I'll take out a loan!

Do other animals count? My mom bought a blue tongue skink on a whim, and while Jackie is indeed awesome, impulse buy.

Armand

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jan 24, 2009
Mexico City.
www.piranha-fury.com
A supposed Vientnam TanKing Flowerhorn, it cost me $240 bucks. The fish wasnt obviously a Tanking, it was just a pearly - medium grade kamalau with a jaw defect, it couldnt completely close the mouth, all the time fish was with the open mouth making him to look awful.

Ended up selling it for less than half the price I paid for. :wall::wall::wall:

celebrist

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
May 7, 2013
alaska
one of those carbon block things for my plants. complete waste of money. anybody want it?

12lbline

Gambusia
MFK Member
Feb 21, 2013
PHX.
firemouth.... same shredded fins and tail, separated it, healed him after almost a month and a half alone with salt, medication, regular water changes. I left him for 3 days aaaand hes laying on the bottom when I got back. he had just died, was still bright red, fins were fine, water was fine. he was a pain but I miss it.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store