what's your worst purchase

Runitis

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Dec 4, 2011
Winnipeg,MB, Canada
Peters Elephant Nose.

Got the last one in the store. Really cool looking fish. Shy. Thought it was normal. He died less than two weeks later for no apparent reason. Water was fine. Took him back and the guy there wouldn't give me a refund or a replacement. Worst of all, this guy had told me this fish was perfectly healthy when I got it, but now he had three more for sale. Same length, but way healthier looking, ten times more active and way fatter. Forty bucks down the tube. Crooked son of a ***** lfs owner. Lost my business.
happened to my buddies also. It was doing fine and eating and one day bam dead. I personally cant keep TT eels or plecos. Ive tried 2 times both failures.

falcon1

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Feb 1, 2014
Canada
Yeah some fancier algae eaters are also taboo for me. Not even royal panaques but rubber lips and twigs. That was awhile ago so I could probably do it with the tank I have now... so long as my convicts wouldn't kill them

fatdoggy89

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Apr 19, 2009
New York
Chinese Algae Eaters... they stopped eating algae after 2 months and started attacking other fish. They ended up getting eaten by my African Clawed frogs..

Blkpiranha

Polypterus
MFK Member
Jun 8, 2007
Not necessarily the worst but definitely the most disappointing purchases where my group of widebar blackbar silver dollars and goonch catfish x 2(because I didn't learn the first time). The widebars had a 450 gallon tank to fly around and that's exactly what they did...a fish on crack. Constantly chasing each other and nervous as hell and always hitting the glass even in a 8'x3'=450 gallon. Traded them into the lfs and was surprised they sold the next day. Poor guy! LOL

I bought a 21" goonch that grew to 30" and lets just say it sat there like a picture in the tank...sold him to someone else and his tankmates in the pond stressed the goonch and it never recovered and died. Bought a small 5" goonch to try and cohab with my rays it grew to 18" in a year. If you can believe it this one was more motionless then a picture if there is such a thing! LOL

I tried the cohab with the rays when it was big and the rays just stressed it out by always sitting on him or bumping him..etc. It stopped eating so I had to put it back in a tank without rays. I eventually just traded it in the fish store for credit and it sold in one day and died 5 days later probably due to new owner inexperience.

cachacase1

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Dec 8, 2014
lowell ma
Mine wasn't really a purchase. I brought home a snapping turtle is was about 7 inches long. This was like 10 years ago. At the time I had a common wolf that was about 1.5"-2"in girth. They were getting along fine so (the turtle didn't try to eat the wolf fish).it was in there for 2months. Til 1 day I went on a vacation I depended on my brother to feed them. To come home and find the half eaten wolf fish.

Damn missed that fish

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

Amn.mohamed3

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Dec 29, 2014
Chicago, IL
Definitely my 99 cent convict. Killed about 3 fish and dominated the tank, had to keep it in my african cichlid tank where it's doing much better.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store