what's your worst purchase

catfishguy

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Jun 25, 2014
moon
I once bought a stripped lepriconis those little bastards ate and shredded my fishes fins. RIP ( RIPPED INTO PIECES ) by a oscar that was sick of being picked on.

Jagmania

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Feb 21, 2015
Tennessee
An alligator gar that was 12" to put with juv cichlid in a 280 I thought there was enough hiding spots instead just a buffet for the gar, FYI the Dovii survived

Thekid

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Sep 18, 2014
Land of corn
Channel cat. Didn't do anything and sat in a corner and only moved to eat.

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

tommyfc3s

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Dec 23, 2013
New Jersey
my friend (shookONES) tells me all the time when we're at stores don't buy a rtc, tsn or rtcxtsn hybrid. i have owned and regretted all 3 to some extent.

calichai

Polypterus
MFK Member
Oct 28, 2009
socal, oc
Freshwater flounder. This unassuming fellow was awesome, always out in the open, unusual and in a planted tank with roselines. The kid chose it and it was only 1.5". Over the weekend this little guy nipped all the tails from my roselines and killed a few smaller tetras. My fault, impulse buy from a dad, even though I knew better. Removed and told the kid he's just good at hiding.

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

I31

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Feb 1, 2007
omni
Brycon Dentex, when they were commonly available few years back. I had a same size goliath tigerfish that was very aggressive. Once I got the Dentex, the GATF hid and it was found floating the next day.

NeonFlux

Candiru
MFK Member
Mar 11, 2010
Los Angeles
Buying a ton of african cichlids, introducing them..and then just to have my silver arowana eat them up, unfortunately.. and that was a long time ago :\ Was really hoping they all get along.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store