CHANNA SPECIES GUIDE : UPDATE IN PROGRESSION

Heiko Bleher

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jan 10, 2007
Italy
Hi guys,

very nice your Channa species guide. I have just complete a DEFINITE GUIDE for the family CHANNIDAE with completly up-date. It will come in PFK I think September/Cotober issues, as it is very long with hundreds of photos. You all can (if you want) to do some corrections from it.
I just noticed on this page, you have under number 15 the same fish shown with the name C. orientalis (top photo at #15) as here above at #20 - and this is none of the 2 you classifay it, nor C. orientalis nor sp. Assam. this is the true Channa amphibeus (McClelland 1845) from northern Bengal.
thank you and keep up the good work,
always
Heiko Bleher
www.aquapress-bleher.com
also on facebook under Heiko Bleher and Aquapress Bleher

Brucki

Gambusia
MFK Member

arapaimag

Gold Tier VIP
MFK Member
Sep 13, 2005
Quaoar
Hi guys,

very nice your Channa species guide. I have just complete a DEFINITE GUIDE for the family CHANNIDAE with completly up-date. It will come in PFK I think September/Cotober issues, as it is very long with hundreds of photos. You all can (if you want) to do some corrections from it.
I just noticed on this page, you have under number 15 the same fish shown with the name C. orientalis (top photo at #15) as here above at #20 - and this is none of the 2 you classifay it, nor C. orientalis nor sp. Assam. this is the true Channa amphibeus (McClelland 1845) from northern Bengal.
thank you and keep up the good work,
always
Heiko Bleher
www.aquapress-bleher.com
also on facebook under Heiko Bleher and Aquapress Bleher
Heilko my dear friend I hope you and the family are well.

I got my copy of the Bleher's Discus volume 2 and it is every bit as good as volume 1.

Great to see you and me in one of the pictures and also so fitting to see you and Rolf Hagen together in another pic. Too bad he passed away last month.

addicted2aquariums420

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Dec 15, 2011
alberta, canada
This is our Burmese Snakehead. purchased him almost a week ago now and we totally love him!! unfortunately, hes still a little timmid when theres movement outside the tank, so its hard to see his colouring. but he likes to sit nice and still so ill keep trying for a better picture =) id like to take as many photos as possible to share with everyone bcuz there arent many on here, or the internet at all for that matter and in the right light his colours are stunning =) hope u enjoy

snakehead.jpg

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store