The white and smooth Florida gar platinum

tokyogasmask

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Mar 1, 2009
Japan
I think it's housing looks discusting!

Real Plat or WTT? Your other vids on youtube also show fish kept in terrible conditions.
The "plat" Endlicheri you show has black markings on it's body. NOT platinum at all, so I have doubts over this gar too.
From the video it looks pale silver.

IMO, this is what a PLATINUM Gar should look like:

Thanks.

elindra

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Mar 12, 2008
Singapore

Real Plat or WTT? Your other vids on youtube also show fish kept in terrible conditions.
The "plat" Endlicheri you show has black markings on it's body. NOT platinum at all, so I have doubts over this gar too.

Thanks.
TMG this pce looks so white and "unreal" that it looks like some well-made resin model >.<"

anak1000pulau

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Nov 8, 2010
bandung-indonesia

Thanks.

Photo It's not the kind of Florida gar Platinum, but Spatulla Platinum gar.
Are you not able to distinguish the two types of gar muzzle of it?

try your search again more precise about the type of photo florida gar platinum..
:):):)
Surely you will see a black mark on his tail. but after the large sign would be vague and missing

tokyogasmask

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Mar 1, 2009
Japan
I am well aware of the difference between a Florida and a Gator gar, I am simply showing you the whiteness "I" would expect when buying a Platinum fish.
Your pics do not look very "white" to me.
But then it's hard to tell when they are kept in such horrific conditions as those you posted are!

MonsterMinis

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Apr 28, 2009
Wisconsin
I would agree that it's marking don't reflect a plat... plats show no markings as far as I am aware. It looks washed out.

As for the tanks being "Disgusting" I'm not sure I agree compleately... if the water perameters are true.. just by looking at a tank it is impossible to tell the water quality... but it does appear to be showing signs of early ammonia poisoning. Most of my tanks are covered in Algae and look like "crap" but the water perameters are spot on. tbh I don't care what they look like if my fish's water is under 20ppm nitrates and show 0 ammonia/nitrites... and my GH/KH hit 120+

BlackShark11k

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Jul 8, 2009
somewhere
I'm confused as to why the tanks looks "disgusting"... I don't see anything wrong.

Anyways, nice florida gar thanks for sharing.

MonsterMinis

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Apr 28, 2009
Wisconsin
large tanks.. with small gar.. = broken backs most the time.. the tank size is appropriate for the size gar. still not sure how it's dirty... and pretty sure most tanks are plain glass boxes.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store