Feb 18, 2008
Indianapolis
Remember to keep this civil.

Water

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Jan 29, 2007
Houston
I honestly don't understand why people defend animals that kill humans. If an animal did nothing to hurt a human, I have no problem defending that animals. The lack of compassion shown to fellow human beings is sickening. I'm not sure if this story is real or not, but if it is, I am deeply sorry for her.. To lose 2 loved ones is hard enough, but to listen as one of them dies is just terrible..

Lepisosteus platyrhincus

Polypterus
MFK Member
Nov 9, 2008
In the caiman den
well people all over the world hunt...if given the chance they kill...every year around november or so in the US......so how is wildlife any different...
Anybody have the tactical facepalm pic? Its needed here.

On topic, om nom nom

Warborg

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Sep 2, 2009
Austin, Texas
I honestly don't understand why people defend animals that kill humans. If an animal did nothing to hurt a human, I have no problem defending that animals. The lack of compassion shown to fellow human beings is sickening.
This, I'll never understand picking animals over people. I could semi understand if they were out hunting the bears when the bears attacked back.

dbcb314

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Jun 4, 2007
Tallahassee
Freaking mother bears don't play around. Don't usually hear that they feed the bodies to their cubs. Yikes.

It is one thing to shoot animals that get into the trash or even bears that are protecting their young. Those bears kill to make you go away. Not track you down and feed you to their cubs. That is totally different and all 4 of them needed shot.

Bderick67

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Aug 18, 2006
Colorado
Fishing in bear country is mother nature’s way of getting rid of stupid people. This event just strengthens the human gene pool!

Also this post is probably a joke. Where in the US would you have bears and cell phone service? This is Russia, remote Siberia even. LOL They don’t have cell service. I just spent 3 months in Northern China just south of Siberia. There’s no way they have cell service up there where the bears live.

I tend to agree with Egon here, on both accounts.

dayak

Gambusia
MFK Member
Dec 31, 2010
sacramento
I have to call this a bogus story.
like any other predator animal..they will not eat anything alive, they have to kill they prey as quick as they can which wont take long.
its just their instinct for their own safety, take a well known man eating snake for instance, tiger, lion etc, they all will kill them prey first before making them a meal.
and cell tower in in the nowhere of saberia? they would be lucky to have running electricity, heck even in US down in the wood 99% of the time you dont have signal

chris.clay11

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Feb 27, 2011
NorCal
wow....that is terrible..i can't even imagine how the mother is feeling....something noone should EVER have to go through..

However in another light...why kill the bears?...look past the point that they killed humans, they were just doing what they had to do to stay alive...
F that shot that bear in the face you would do the same if it was your kid!!!! And it is a lie if you say no you wouldnt or you just dont have kids and dont understand.

Spiritofthesoul

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Dec 3, 2010
Singapore
Lesson learnt: Never go fishing with your stepdad

zoohouse

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Aug 18, 2008
Arlington
First bears do eat prey alive, most predators do. Second siberian bears are known man-eaters, always have been that is why the bear in the national symbol there. How could any of you blame a momma for feeding her young? I understand eliminating possible threats but why kill these bears when there are many more ready to take their place. People seem to think we need a "safe" world with no threats to humans. With that mentality we need to just kill every murderer, rapist, tobacco exec, alcohol brewer/distiller, do away with cars, boats, planes, and motorcycles; wrap ourselves in bubblewrap and lock ourselves indoors. What kind of people would this produce. Natural selection keeps the human race evolving forward, the more danger the more n.selection process works. I say let the bears be and let the ill-equiped people be eaten. Personally I am not afraid of wild animals and would fare well if I needed to protect myself. People seem to forget predators live everywhere and make their living by being hard to spot, just know that the next time you are on that natural walking path or in the state park fishing there could be a cougar or bear around the next bend waiting for something they can overtake to stroll by, lunch.

On another note it would be very horrible to hear something like that happening to a loved one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store