OMFG Teen Made Cell Phone Calls to Mother While Being Eaten by Bear in Siberia

Status
Not open for further replies.

Water

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Jan 29, 2007
Houston
Mom: Oh honeyy! Little Timmy got eaten by a bear today. Dad: Oh thats too bad. He shouldn't have been on that trail.. Bears gotta eat and the human race will do without him. :)

dbcb314

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Jun 4, 2007
Tallahassee
Personally I am not afraid of wild animals and would fare well if I needed to protect myself. People seem to forget predators live everywhere and make their living by being hard to spot, just know that the next time you are on that natural walking path or in the state park fishing there could be a cougar or bear around the next bend waiting for something they can overtake to stroll by, lunch.
If I siberian mother bear decided you were going to be food for her young and was actually hunting you, you are food. It doesn't matter how many or how big your gun is... you wouldn't have a chance to use it.

Pandamania

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jan 9, 2011
Planetwithlotsofwater
It would really help if there were no murdering crazy people that kill and dump or bury humans out in the forests, out at sea, etc ! I'm pretty sure most of the 'human eating' sharks, bears, wolves and whatever, were probably 'fed' by us to begin with ! ?

J.Lake

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Feb 4, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta, Canada
Man eating bears have to be killed. Thats why canandian national park rangers will hunt a man eating bear for a week or more. Very few bear interactions end with a attemp to eat a human. We are not a natural prey item for bears. Like I said I have seen dozens of bears. Albeit most of them black bears. But i have had two grizzly encounters. The first was a mom and cubs and they were already running away from me by the time i seen them. The second was a lone grizzly that investigated our fishing party. it also ended up running away when we started yelling. None of these bears looked at us as food. Thats normal. But its rough out there in the wild and sick, injured, and or starving bears are very dangerous. Old bears that cant compete for food are also at a higher risk to attack. If a old bear finds it can easily catch a human and eat it, there is a problem.If allowed to live that bear will try and eat a human whenever it can. That bear needs to be retired from life. If a mom bear mauls a person to defend its young than flees it is not killed most of the time. As long as it doesnt feed or kill the human. I love bears and dont want to see them killed for no reason.

dayak

Gambusia
MFK Member
Dec 31, 2010
sacramento
i dont know about most predators eat they prey alive..im not aware of one that will eat of the prey in bigger size alive..lets say a human teen size?
those predators will eat the prey alive only if they are small enough to fit in their mouth.
brown bear is not a real hunter they are more like scavenger animal..the white bear is another story, they will hunt and eat seals then again they will tear the prey apart to the death before they enjoy their meal peacefully.
and which bear is that siberian bear?

J.Lake

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Feb 4, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta, Canada
Yeah the bear guy and his gf were eaten alive in alaska. google timothy bear guy or something like that. Audio taped them being eaten alive.
Grizzlies and polar bears are the main culprits of this. Black bears are a dime a dozen just a few hours away from my house. But still a large adult black bear could also kill a human.

cmsbthebest

Peacock Bass
MFK Member
Jan 13, 2011
CA
Man eating bears have to be killed. Thats why canandian national park rangers will hunt a man eating bear for a week or more. Very few bear interactions end with a attemp to eat a human. We are not a natural prey item for bears. Like I said I have seen dozens of bears. Albeit most of them black bears. But i have had two grizzly encounters. The first was a mom and cubs and they were already running away from me by the time i seen them. The second was a lone grizzly that investigated our fishing party. it also ended up running away when we started yelling. None of these bears looked at us as food. Thats normal. But its rough out there in the wild and sick, injured, and or starving bears are very dangerous. Old bears that cant compete for food are also at a higher risk to attack. If a old bear finds it can easily catch a human and eat it, there is a problem.If allowed to live that bear will try and eat a human whenever it can. That bear needs to be retired from life. If a mom bear mauls a person to defend its young than flees it is not killed most of the time. As long as it doesnt feed or kill the human. I love bears and dont want to see them killed for no reason.
very well said :D

WckedMidas

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Mar 31, 2005
BODYMORE MD
I honestly don't understand why people defend animals that kill humans. If an animal did nothing to hurt a human, I have no problem defending that animals. The lack of compassion shown to fellow human beings is sickening. I'm not sure if this story is real or not, but if it is, I am deeply sorry for her.. To lose 2 loved ones is hard enough, but to listen as one of them dies is just terrible..
Just so u dont think i made this up heres the link the story came from
http://www.outdoorlife.com/blogs/newshound/2011/08/brown-bear-and-3-cubs-eat-19-year-old

Status
Not open for further replies.
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store